It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Spiegs and Rozner
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Been meaning to do this for last 2 weeks and it could be in a number of sections, but I would like to throw some kudos on them for being the only media guys I hear really getting on the Ricketts for just not doing anything and sitting back with the "We are evaluating" mantra.

They can be evaluating all they want but nothing they are doing, or not doing , has made any sense and if they want the fan base to believe in whatever the plan is, it migh be a great idea to tell everyone.

Post subject: Re: Spiegs and Rozner
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
I've asked you before, but what are things you expect them to do?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:19 pm 

Bucky Chris wrote:

FIRE Lou! And bring someone else in on a tryout just like the team is doing with all the players. You have a slew of guys who you can see manage Sandberg, Brenly and even Trammel with ease. You don't even need to reach outside the organization. The Sandberg thing really puzzles one as you cna ask shy he is here then?

FIRE Crane Kenny, who for some reason is still here.

Have a plan ? Tell me what it is.

JIM HENDRY will be the GM "Full Stop"- WTF Does that mean? Fire him if you aree not impressed and if you are impressed I need to ask why? Is it the stockpiling of mediocre white secondbasemen over the past 7 years or the need to hand out multi year and non trade clauses like joints at DS fest

You doubled your front office staff? Why?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
bigfan wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:

FIRE Lou! And bring someone else in on a tryout just like the team is doing with all the players. You have a slew of guys who you can see manage Sandberg, Brenly and even Trammel with ease. You don't even need to reach outside the organization. The Sandberg thing really puzzles one as you cna ask shy he is here then?

JIM HENDRY will be the GM "Full Stop"- WTF Does that mean? Fire him if you aree not impressed and if you are impressed I need to ask why? Is it the stockpiling of mediocre white secondbasemen over the past 7 years or the need to hand out multi year and non trade clauses like joints at DS fest

LMAO!!!!!!
"I'm a Cub Fan......I'M ENTITLED"!!!!!!!!!

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Hendry still has 2 years remaining on his contract.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:25 pm 

Can't stand the 'smart' media giving Ricketts credit for "Doing what he said" "Will sit back and evaluate"

He would have been a great captain on the titanic. Nobody would have got off the boat because he would need to see it all underwater before acting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:

LMAO!!!!!!
"I'm a Cub Fan......I'M ENTITLED"!!!!!!!!!

I'm a douchebag!!!! I wear a cape!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:26 pm 

NearWessSideHussra wrote:

There are ways to get people out with contracts.

"Jim this is your new office...and make sure to give everyone a towel after they wash their hands"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:28 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Been meaning to do this for last 2 weeks and it could be in a number of sections, but I would like to throw some kudos on them for being the only media guys I hear really getting on the Ricketts for just not doing anything and sitting back with the "We are evaluating" mantra.

They can be evaluating all they want but nothing they are doing, or not doing , has made any sense and if they want the fan base to believe in whatever the plan is, it migh be a great idea to tell everyone.

Dear Mr. Season Ticket Holder Big Fan,
I own this team and this ballpark......You are free to buy your tickets or give them up.
Your past experiences as a 'Long Suffering Cub Fan' really don't interest me at all.
Find a therapist.
I have a list of folks who will purchase your seats.
I am interested in new revenue streams and increasing the value of my family's investment.

Love,

Tom Ricketts

P.S. Isn't my Toyota sign magnificent?

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
There is no way in hell anyone needs anymore time to evaluate this team and organization as a whole. Hendry needs the axe asap. He has done some good things and he has done some terrible things, but he can not be in charge of rebuilding this team because he is too enamored with respect for past achievements and too much of a pussy to make the necessary changes because of that. This organization needs someone with a clear concise plan and the cold blooded ability to execute it.

Last edited by Urlacher's missing neck on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:30 pm 

bigfan wrote:

I think the Hendry issue is the only one that concerns me. Lou is gone at the end of the year, Crane Kenney is in charge of advertising and signage, that's about it. I'm still hoping that Ricketts opens his eyes and sees what Hendry really is, a bad evaluator of talent and a bad businessman. But, since that looks unlikely, I think we're in for a few more years of pain.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:32 pm 

Dr Mr Tom

You asked for my help in attending your meetings with Alderman Tunney, which I have.

After speaking to my most recent UPS office, I was told you have 6,000 season ticket holders in the 60657 Zip Code.

What else did you want to do to your park? because the 32 old ladies that opposse you on issues could use some backing????

Alderman don't vote against thousands, unless Daley makes them.

BF

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:34 pm 

bigfan wrote:

There are ways to get people out with contracts.

"Jim this is your new office...and make sure to give everyone a towel after they wash their hands"

that's cold, man

funny, even Image

but ice cold.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:37 pm 

Doesn't Hendry get credit for the MB for Silva trade? That turned out better than expected.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:38 pm 

Doesn't Hendry get credit for the MB for Silva trade? That turned out better than expected.

Do you think Hendry traded for Silva because he thought he would be a good pitcher?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.

He is the dumbass that signed bradley and created the problem to begin with.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:53 pm 

pizza_Place: *
bigfan wrote:
DR MR TOM

YOU ASKED FOR MY HELP IN ATTENDING YOUR MEETINGS WITH ALDERMAN TUNNEY, WHICH I HAVE.

AFTER SPEAKING TO MY MOST RECENT UPS OFFICE, I WAS TOLD YOU HAVE 6.000 SEASON TICKET HOLDERS IN THE 60657 ZIP CODE.

WHAT ELSE DID YOU WANT TO DO TO YOU PARK?BECAUSE THE 32 OLD LADIES THAT OPPOSSE YOU ON ISSUES COULD USE SOME BACKING????

ALDERMAN DON'T VOTE AGAINST THOUSANDS,UNLESS DALEY MAKES THEM.

BF

Fixed for accuracy

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:34 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Dr Mr Tom

You asked for my help in attending your meetings with Alderman Tunney, which I have.

After speaking to my most recent UPS office, I was told you have 6,000 season ticket holders in the 60657 Zip Code.

What else did you want to do to your park? because the 32 old ladies that opposse you on issues could use some backing????

BF

Dear Mr. Big Fan,
Thank You for your continued interest in MY Chicago Cubs, and of course, your annual check.
As a wise resident of the City and a keen observer of Chicago politics, you are aware of the saying: "Follow the Money".
Someone at Belmont and Seminary has impressed upon Alderman Sather that I have many more dollars at my disposal to line his pockets for his re-election than any of those rooftop owners who are behind in their payments to ME.
As to those pesky 32 year old ladies who moved into the neighborhood, I will provide you an unlimited tab at the Captain Morgan Club for you to entertain and amuse them.
Thank You for your support, and I just knew eventually you would jump on board.

Yours in Santo,

Tom

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:41 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

Ha, yeah, guess that takes the air out of that balloon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

Ha, yeah, guess that takes the air out of that balloon.

No, Silva's just as fat as he was with Seattle.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:49 pm 

Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Dr Mr Tom

BF

Dear Mr. Big Fan,
Thank You for your continued interest in MY Chicago Cubs, and of course, your annual check.
As a wise resident of the City and a keen observer of Chicago politics, you are aware of the saying: "Follow the Money".
Someone at Belmont and Seminary has impressed upon Alderman Sather that I have many more dollars at my disposal to line his pockets for his re-election than any of those rooftop owners who are behind in their payments to ME.
As to those pesky 32 year old ladies who moved into the neighborhood, I will provide you an unlimited tab at the Captain Morgan Club for you to entertain and amuse them.
Thank You for your support, and I just knew eventually you would jump on board.

Yours in Santo,

Tom

All those $$$ do not equal votes. Look at Warden Schulter, he does it right. He takes the money from the developers and then puts on movies in the park or concerts in the park for senior citizens. He keeps the old folks mobilized and ready to vote away as he knows the young people don't vote.

I also think Mr Ricketts needs to explain his business plan because business is down in the area due to a losing team and the tax revenue wasn't what it has been in past years.

I have a feeling pulling private traffic management services provided by the city and suggesting the Cubs pay for that service would be looked upon very favorable.

Ricketts played his "I own the Cubs" card way too soon this year and went to the mat for the wrong issue (Toyota sign) when he should have gone to the mat for a video scoreboard in the exact same place!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:58 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Bucky Chris wrote:

Send Lou home for the rest of the season, fire Hendry & Rothschild, name Trammell the Manager for the rest of the season & bring Sandberg up to the bigs as bench coach. Fire Crane Kenny & hire a real Baseball guy. So far, Tom Ricketts looks like a clueless pussy. I wonder what Dallas Green is doing?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:41 am 

Scorehead wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:

Send Lou home for the rest of the season, fire Hendry & Rothschild, name Trammell the Manager for the rest of the season & bring Sandberg up to the bigs as bench coach. Fire Crane Kenny & hire a real Baseball guy. So far, Tom Ricketts looks like a clueless pussy. I wonder what Dallas Green is doing?

Clueless Pussies has a nice ring to it!!!!!

"It's A Way of Life"!!!!!!!

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:45 am 

He added a Toyota sign and a Kraft Mac and Cheese noodle to the revenue stream. That is what he intended to do from the beginning with this club and he pretty much told you so from the start.