It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:34 am 

If I was in a bar, and a guy walked in and said "I was the guy who hit the Elmhurst Steve with a pitch" I would buy him drinks all night.

I doubt he hit him because Steve was a good hitter. He hit him because it felt good to hit him. :lol:

Last edited by Brick on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
I'm glad I was walking to my car to go get lunch and missed it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:53 am 

Why do you guys hate Elmhurst Steve so much? This is getting close to Mike North territory. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:54 am 

lamar hoyt's burrito wrote:
Why do you guys hate Elmhurst Steve so much? This is getting close to Mike North territory. :shock:
I'm jealous of him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:04 am 

I find him annoying on the radio. On the board, when he is not doing some sort of bit (see The Brand Says from last week), I pretty much ignore him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:26 am 

I will say this. There are posters who are much worse on this site so he's got that going for him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: MackeyLand Pie Shop
Steven is a clown. On the air, and in business. As far as him as a person, I can't really say but if he is a slimebag in business and comes off as an entitled doucheclown on the air, odds are decent that he might not be that great of a guy.

Dealt with him one time, inadvertently, and was astounded at what a completely slimey turd he was. He made Quagmire seem like a genuine and well intentioned guy that'd you want to date your daughter.

I believe you have to question any guy that spends as much time as he does writing scripts and calling every station in town. Now, in regard to those that choose to post about sports stations on the Internet? Totally normal, totally healthy.

Steven's 'Brand' is about as valuable as the real estate value of Betty White's perineum.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:33 am 

SnarkyHater wrote:

Dealt with him one time, inadvertently, and was astounded at what a completely slimey turd he was. He made Quagmire seem like a genuine and well intentioned guy that'd you want to date your daughter.

Did he check your tire tread with a penny?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:07 pm 

I laugh every time I see someone refer to him as The Brand. I don't know why but it gets me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
If I was in a bar, and a guy walked in and said "I was the guy who hit the Elmhurst Steve with a pitch" I would buy him drinks all night.

I doubt he hit him because Steve was a good hitter. He hit him because it felt good to hit him. :lol:

I'm not surprised by this. I was a good hitter... but I got hit as much because as a pitcher( Pitcher/SS) I hit a LOT of batters. Led the conference 2 years in a row in hit batters and I would guess 80% were intentional. That was the point in my call....I understood perfectly why Quentin was plunked. It was for the same reason I would have hit him...why throw 4-6 pitches trying to get a guy to get himself out by swinging at pitches out of the strike zone?? If you know he's a disciplined hitter, you are just wasting extra pitches and if you make a mistake and leave one over the dish, he might do the damage you want to avoid. So you drill him in the ribs/thigh and get the double play in order. Plus, hitting a guy either A) keeps the next guy from digging in or B) gets guys agitated to the degree that they swing at crap, because they are so anxious to get a hit off you and get back at you and they wind up getting themselves out swinging at crap. But when I GOT hit, I didn't get mad, because I understood in situations like Quentin was hit in, why I was plunked. It was smart. There was an open base, with a runner already in scoring position and the pitcher thought he had a better chance with me on 1st, facing the next hitter. No big deal.

Last edited by Elmhurst Steve on Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Could be, Steve, you got hit a lot because you were an annoying asshat and your opponents felt you were deserving of it...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
The Duke led the American League this year in saves, ERA, and hit batsmen

If that is serious then he really is a dope.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:08 am 

Spaulding wrote:
The Duke led the American League this year in saves, ERA, and hit batsmen

If that is serious then he really is a dope.

Don't forget that the Duke threw at his own kid in the father/son game.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:10 am 
1000 CLUB

I miss that old mailman that used to call into North and Jiggs show about a decade ago - and of course Cleveland Mike.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero

I guess acting like a racist to win a steak dinner bet and saying hurtful things to people on this board is no big deal huh...you're better than that LHB.....or maybe not.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:30 pm 

spmack wrote:

I guess acting like a racist to win a steak dinner bet and saying hurtful things to people on this board is no big deal huh...you're better than that LHB.....or maybe not.

Spmack I do remember that fiasco from last year I think? But it just seems that some of this is just piling on just to be doing it. I don't know Steve & really don't care about him, but my point was half tongue in cheek concerning North/racism & half wanting fresh thoughts. I hope I am better than that. :afro:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:47 pm 

The Brand used to get brushed back in batting practice.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:

Thats true!!! At least a couple times it happened. But I buzzed the tower on guys in BP more than a few times myself. It was all in fun though. We would talk trash and tell each other, "you better not crowd me, or you're going down" and of course the guy would just get closer to the plate and ...................right past the ribs. On 1 or 2 occassions, I got a bit too far inside and hit guys. But that was just an accident. I only really remember that happening once for sure. The guy was pretty steamed and no matter how much I told him it really was accidental, he wasn't so sure. He was a little guy (2nd baseman) and didn't do anything but whine, but I got him pretty good, so I couldn't blame him too much. You could see the marks from the seams on his side, where the ball hit him. Made a hell of a bruise.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Thats true!!! At least a couple times it happened. But I buzzed the tower on guys in BP more than a few times myself. It was all in fun though. We would talk trash and tell each other, "you better not crowd me, or you're going down" and of course the guy would just get closer to the plate and ...................right past the ribs. On 1 or 2 occassions, I got a bit too far inside and hit guys. But that was just an accident. I only really remember that happening once for sure. The guy was pretty steamed and no matter how much I told him it really was accidental, he wasn't so sure. He was a little guy (2nd baseman) and didn't do anything but whine, but I got him pretty good, so I couldn't blame him too much. You could see the marks from the seams on his side, where the ball hit him. Made a hell of a bruise.

You are either a clueless douche or you are great at playing along. Hell, even if you are just playing along, you are still a douche. Carry on...