It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:34 am 

Jason Goff just said that people around the Bears think Cutler is a dbag and isn't really well liked in the lockerroom.

Maybe he doesn't hate Jay Cutler and instead Goff simply has eyes but that's just my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:37 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Are you trying to argue that you don't hate Jay Cutler?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Jason Goff just said that people around the Bears think Cutler is a dbag and isn't really well liked in the lockerroom.

Maybe he doesn't hate Jay Cutler and instead Goff simply has eyes but that's just my opinion.

Your thread title didn't match your post. That was very Beardown-esque. Was that what you were going for?

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:46 am 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Your thread title didn't match your post. That was very Beardown-esque. Was that what you were going for?
Many on here have charged me with "hating Jay Cutler" for saying the exact same thing. What's funny is that a lot of people are saying it now but because I questioned his attitude earlier than most people did.

I agree though. Jason Goff doesn't really hate Jay Cutler because he's willing to say what most of us already know. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:48 am 
1000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Many on here have charged me with "hating Jay Cutler" for saying the exact same thing. What's funny is that a lot of people are saying it now but because I questioned his attitude earlier than most people did.

I agree though. Jason Goff doesn't really hate Jay Cutler because he's willing to say what most of us already know. :wink:

But you admit that you hate Jay Cutler, correct?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:54 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
No, I don't. I just don't give him a pass because he's a Bears QB when there are obvious things that many others ignore.

I can see why people think I hate Jay Cutler but it's not like I'm the only guy saying "Cutler may not be well liked in the locker room" or "He has flaws in his game and played poorly in 2009".

I'll be rooting for Jay Cutler and I will post a public apology to him for doubting him when he goes and proves that he's a true franchise QB.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:58 am 
1000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
No, I don't. I just don't give him a pass because he's a Bears QB when there are obvious things that many others ignore.

I can see why people think I hate Jay Cutler but it's not like I'm the only guy saying "Cutler may not be well liked in the locker room" or "He has flaws in his game and played poorly in 2009".

I'll be rooting for Jay Cutler and I will post a public apology to him for doubting him when he goes and proves that he's a true franchise QB.

I think you would prefer that he fails so that your opinion will be vindicated.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:04 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
All I can say is that I supposedly also hated Rex Grossman and was very complementary of him when he had that 6 game stretch where he was lighting it up. In fact, I believe after that sixth game I remarked that if this keeps up for a few more games I would take back all the negative things I said about him. We all know what happened after that. I'm sure if someone was to look in my post history back around that date they would see it.

I guess we'll see. I can't really prove it until it happens.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Has anybody ever given a Bears qb a pass because they were a Bears qb?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
The TRUTH about Jay Cutler is he has not done shit since he came to town PERIOD. Ask Dan & Terry if they can still hear his balls whistle.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
jimmypasta wrote:
The TRUTH about Jay Cutler is he has not done shit since he came to town PERIOD. Ask Dan & Terry if they can still hear his balls whistle.

Dan & Terry aren't saying he was good last year. Is anyone? I'm the biggest Cutler find you'll find, but I don't think he played well last year.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:16 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Has anybody ever given a Bears qb a pass because they were a Bears qb?
Yes. Eventually it stops but even Cade McNown's issues were ignored until it became clear that things weren't going to work.

It's not only Bears fans either. It happens in all sports and all teams.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:17 am 

So is Goff your new favorite host BRick?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:19 am 

RFDC wrote:
So is Goff your new favorite host BRick?
:lol: I was on his bandwagon before this. I believe in the past couple weeks I called for Mac to add Goff as a full time host to the show.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I like Jason. I think he does a very good job. I also think the unpopular (around here at least) Larry Holmes is one of the few hosts that does better as a solo host instead of a two man team.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:22 am 
1000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
All I can say is that I supposedly also hated Rex Grossman and was very complementary of him when he had that 6 game stretch where he was lighting it up. In fact, I believe after that sixth game I remarked that if this keeps up for a few more games I would take back all the negative things I said about him. We all know what happened after that. I'm sure if someone was to look in my post history back around that date they would see it.

I guess we'll see. I can't really prove it until it happens.

Acknowledging a player's success doesn't mean you don't hate him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:24 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Acknowledging a player's success doesn't mean you don't hate him.
I also promise to send him a valentine's day card.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
jimmypasta wrote:
I like Jason. I think he does a very good job. I also think the unpopular (around here at least) Larry Holmes is one of the few hosts that does better as a solo host instead of a two man team.

Agreed, Jimbo...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:28 am 
1000 CLUB

I should also add that a lot of people believe that Cutler is a flawed player and personality. They just don't fixate on these faults like you do because they would prefer to be proven wrong than proven correct.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:32 am 

I've always thought the Bears qbs were thought to suck. I can't think of anybody besides Mcmahon that was loved.

I like that Cutler never once said in an interview last year my coaches are idiots and the offensive line sucks. He played horribly and made mistakes and owned up to most of them even some that I don't think were his. By most accounts he works hard, is intelligent, is talented, and fans like him. His offensive teammates haven't been very outspoken and if he is as talented as he has been touted it's not going to matter. I don't think that of most of the others on the roster especially defense so fuck them.

I'm disturbed by him hanging out with Greg Olsen because I think he is a huge douchbag and I don't see him as a very useful player.

I like Cutler and I like to like the players I root for. I think Midget is onto something when he says you would prefer that he fails so that your opinion will be vindicated.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:45 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
I should also add that a lot of people believe that Cutler is a flawed player and personality. They just don't fixate on these faults like you do because they would prefer to be proven wrong than proven correct.
I am guilty of talking about it a lot on here no doubt.
Spaulding wrote:
I've always thought the Bears qbs were thought to suck. I can't think of anybody besides Mcmahon that was loved.
As I said, eventually it catches up and people stop ignoring issues. Cade McNown was not hated from the start in my recollection even though I was at a point where I wasn't paying as much attention as I am now. Rick Mirer had the same thing happen though it didn't last long. I think Bernstein tells a story how they could tell that Mirer was terrible in training camp. I don't remember hearing that until he proved it in many games that he did.
Spaulding wrote:
I like that Cutler never once said in an interview last year my coaches are idiots and the offensive line sucks. He played horribly and made mistakes and owned up to most of them even some that I don't think were his. By most accounts he works hard, is intelligent, is talented, and fans like him. His offensive teammates haven't been very outspoken and if he is as talented as he has been touted it's not going to matter. I don't think that of most of the others on the roster especially defense so fuck them.
I don't know if it's true that he never talked about the coaches. I'm pretty sure that there were things about his relationship with Ron Turner and I have heard him in recent interviews say something like "if we sat down and watched all the interceptions from last year I could point out who was at fault".
Spaulding wrote:
I like Cutler and I like to like the players I root for. I think Midget is onto something when he says you would prefer that he fails so that your opinion will be vindicated.
I just can't understand the concept that you think I'd rather watch another season of bad to mediocre Bears football so I can be "right on the internet". I'm a much bigger Bears fan than I am of winning meaningless internet arguments.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Denver sports talk radio host Scott Hastings can't stand Cutler either...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:56 am 
1000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
I just can't understand the concept that you think I'd rather watch another season of bad to mediocre Bears football so I can be "right on the internet". I'm a much bigger Bears fan than I am of winning meaningless internet arguments.

I'd hazard a guess that you expend much more time and energy arguing on the internet than you do devoting yourself to the Bears. Your undeniable commitment to winning and gloating about winning "meaningless" internet battles contradicts your description of them as meaningless.

Don't get me wrong, here, though Rick. You are one of my favorite posters. I love your hatred of Cutler even if you won't admit it exists. I just think you should revel in it rather than trying to deny the undeniable.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Jack Brickhouse Toppings
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I questioned his attitude earlier than most people did.

Isnt his attitude the reason he got traded here?

Nevermind, Ill just answer and say yes for you since I dont want to read three paragraphs about it.

"He sounds like a man that was never challenged to be a man."
"He gives a lot of opinions without probably having many life experiences."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:00 pm 

I agree with that except I think it makes him goofy for not admitting to the hate and he is not one of my favorite posters.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:02 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

I'd hazard a guess that you expend much more time and energy arguing on the internet than you do devoting yourself to the Bears. Your undeniable commitment to winning and gloating about winning "meaningless" internet battles contradicts your description of them as meaningless.

Don't get me wrong, here, though Rick. You are one of my favorite posters. I love your hatred of Cutler even if you won't admit it exists. I just think you should revel in it rather than trying to deny the undeniable.
I don't hate Jay Cutler. I love hearing myself talk.
JBills wrote:
Isnt his attitude the reason he got traded here?
It is. That was actually one of my major points when the trade happened.
Spaulding wrote:
I agree with that except I think it makes him goofy for not admitting to the hate and he is not one of my favorite posters.
You have no idea how that ranking absolutely crushes me. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

So it's settled, then. Rick hates Jay Cutler.

Good talk, everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I think everybody loved Erik Kramer in '95.

I think in 2005 just about everybody loved Kyle Orton for the most part. Nobody loved him as much as Rick though.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Tall Midget wrote:
So it's settled, then. Rick hates Jay Cutler.

Good talk, everyone.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:26 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I think in 2005 just about everybody loved Kyle Orton for the most part. Nobody loved him as much as Rick though.
There are posts on this very website where I state that Kyle Orton deserved to get pulled for Rex Grossman. Orton wasn't very good his rookie year. He never should have been out there. He should have held a clipboard for a few years like the original plan was.