It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Woodridge Ryan broke this story. He said he saw this on Finfer's facebook page.

I thought I'd give put it in a section that people actually read.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Do you have a gameshow like open to prove this? and in what capacity?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
bigfan wrote:
Do you have a gameshow like open to prove this? and in what capacity?

He has to clean out Murph's old office. He better buy a haz-mat suit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:42 pm 

Did SHARK make this official yet?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
bigfan wrote:

It's news to me, BigFan. Does Ben Finfer become "the Surgeon of Sound" and the "Master of the Metal Shop" like he was down the dial? After all, Mac's already got Jay Zawaski executive producing & "The Affordable" Dave Miska producing the show now...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Barracco's in The EP.
Jurk and Carm gave Ben a send off tonight, thanking him for contributions and saying simply he was "moving on" ... had to have AM 1000 today as no Harry and Bernsie and Len Kasper were Saber-stroking themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
SHARK wrote:
bigfan wrote:

It's news to me, BigFan. Does Ben Finfer become "the Surgeon of Sound" and the "Master of the Metal Shop" like he was down the dial? After all, Mac's already got Jay Zawaski executive producing & "The Affordable" Dave Miska producing the show now...

Another great moment in SHARK history.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

Finfer wouldn't leave a full time producing job at ESPN 1000 for anything less than that at the SCORE. That would be stupid. Maybe Mac demanded that Mitch give him 3 producers. Mitch always does what Mac wants.

I know Finfer was getting air time at ESPN, but maybe not anymore after they hired Huebner and that WGN guy. Hood is still hanging on for dear life over there too, right? Plus JD is there and he does Bears shows. That's a lot of back ups for a station that also has a lot of national shows and the Chicago Bulls. I rarely flip on ESPN 1000 so I really don't know who's getting the limited air time. Maybe Finfer thought on air prospects were better at the SCORE.

Anyway, welcome to the SCORE Ben. Make sure you read the Bernstein playbook. :wink:

Last edited by Beardown on Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
spmack wrote:
SHARK wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Another great moment in SHARK history.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Nick&Vito's
Getting fired up about something like this is like doing backups when the guy resets the pins at the bowling alley. MEH!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Chilli Palmer wrote:
Getting fired up about something like this is like doing backups when the guy resets the pins at the bowling alley. MEH!!

Nobody is fired up about it. But this is a Chicago sports media message board. We have to cover it. It's what we do. Just like the NFL network has to cover who gets the 53rd spot on NFL teams. That doesn't mean shit, but they're the NFL network.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:46 pm 

Was just commenting. Didn't get the impression that anyone was that excited about Finfer's conversion. Just making light of an otherwise very mundane observation. That's what I do here. :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

Chilli Palmer wrote:
Was just commenting. Didn't get the impression that anyone was that excited about Finfer's conversion. Just making light of an otherwise very mundane observation. That's what I do here. :D

I think that's part of the joke. Covering producer movement at sports stations and breaking down the meaning and ramifications. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:57 pm 

I know lead in wise we will definitly be subjected to much more 90's rock. The surgeon of sound will be laying it down.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

Maybe it also means "Mac, Vandy & Finfer" on Spiegel's days off since Finfer is a Mac soldier. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:04 pm 

I will pass on Vandy,but Mac,Finfer and Goff would work for me. Honestly I would be Fine if Finfer replaced Spiegs.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:00 am 
1000 CLUB

If you really think about it, this "sports radio talk show host" business is a bitch in Chicago. It's also way crowded Off of the top of my head, there seems to be like 40 people doing sports radio shows between our 2 sports stations. Most of them part time, of course. But it shows you that everybody is fighting for that break, a shot at a full time radio show and a 6 figure salary. They all think they're next. Problem is the people who have those jobs are never gonna leave unless they're fired.

Most of the prime daypart shows in this city have been held by a select few for a long time since Chicago started doing sports radio. Murph, Boers, North, Mac, and Murphy had or still have those positions for 15-20 years. Jurko, Harry and Bernstein have had theirs for about 10 years.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:13 pm 

Still not official until SHARK says so

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

My sources tell me that ESPN 1000 is not pleased with Mac stealing Finfer. They thought it was a dirty move. They're plotting to get Goff from the SCORE to replace Finfer on "Carm, Jurko and Harry". "An eye for an eye" is what my source tells me was said in a meeting of ESPN 1000 management. They're gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Last edited by Beardown on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:24 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Beardown wrote:
My sources tell me that ESPN 1000 is not pleased with Mac stealing Finfer. They thought it was a dirty move. They're plotting to get Goff from the SCORE to replace Finfer on "Carm, Jurko and Harry". "An eye for an eye" is what my source tells me was said in a meeting of ESPN 1000 management. They're gonna make him an offer he can't refuse. :shock:

They should get Goff to replace Waddle and Silvy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Beardown wrote:
My sources tell me that ESPN 1000 is not pleased with Mac stealing Finfer. They thought it was a dirty move. They're plotting to get Goff from the SCORE to replace Finfer on "Carm, Jurko and Harry". "An eye for an eye" is what my source tells me was said in a meeting of ESPN 1000 management. They're gonna make him an offer he can't refuse. :shock:

They should get Goff to replace Waddle and Silvy.

No. I'm saying they want him as a producer.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
It's good news for Goff. He'll get some cash out of Rosen to stay. ESPN might need to offer double Goff's salary and give him a daypart to land him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

Beardown wrote:
No. I'm saying they want him as a producer.

I know what you were saying. I was saying they should get him to replace Waddle and Silvy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jalapenos and More wrote:
It's good news for Goff. He'll get some cash out of Rosen to stay. ESPN might need to offer double Goff's salary and give him a daypart to land him.

Christ, you do realize I was joking, right?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:30 pm 
Site Admin

Beardown wrote:

Who the fuck are you? Elmhurst Steve?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Wait a second, you guys actually believed that I have sources and you believed my "eye for an eye" report over a producer leaving? Really? You couldn't tell I was goofing around? Wow.

Last edited by Beardown on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:34 pm 

Beardown wrote:

So I'm the asshole for taking you at your word. Now you're making up shit about B&B rather than reading way too much into their on-air remarks? I'm going to dig into my front pocket to find the time to check your sources... let me see... nope, just found a middle finger.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:38 pm 

Beardown wrote:

This is perfectly plausible, is it not? Where did you say you had "peeps" or create some other obviously bogus source? For your sake - as JORR intimated - I hope the bullshit-to-steak-dinner exchange rate is in your favor.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:

This is perfectly plausible, is it not? Where did you say you had "peeps" or create some other obviously bogus source? For your sake - as JORR intimated - I hope the bullshit-to-steak-dinner exchange rate is in your favor.

Holy cow. Woodridge Ryan posted this in the "afternoon saloon" section. That's where I found it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

The joke was me saying that there was a meeting at ESPN 1000 and they were mad. Christ, I guess sometimes I don't realize that people don't have common sense. You honestly couldn't tell that was a joke, really? You really believed that there was a meeting with ESPN people saying an "eye for an eye" over this? Seriously? Or are you putting me on now?