It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
George's answering machine (to Greatest American hero)>Oasis :wink:

Nice post there Jeff

:D :D :D .....believe it or not. :D

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:35 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Noel is better.

some his lyrics are about as brain dead as you can get, RPB. please.

i don't know why you are the one who keeps mentioning the books written on "seinfeld" as if that's what i'm 100% standing by. i'd say they support my very right claims about what it is, and you're just not giving the show its due credit. i just love how people like you always say i "look too deep" into things, seeming to forget i'm a writer. that's exactly what writers are supposed to do. why don't you listen to what jerry and larry say about how they came up with the show and its plots and see how much effort went into it, instead of thinking they're just two funny guys who wound up writing a good show. that's pretty condescending.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Let's get back on track here. Mac sucks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Let's get back on track here. Fleetwood Mac sucks.

fixed

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
If its after Peter Green, that I can agree with, Jeff.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
:D :D :D .....believe it or not. :D

That's exhibit R

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:00 pm 

W_Z wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Noel is better.

some his lyrics are about as brain dead as you can get, RPB. please.

i don't know why you are the one who keeps mentioning the books written on "seinfeld" as if that's what i'm 100% standing by. i'd say they support my very right claims about what it is, and you're just not giving the show its due credit. i just love how people like you always say i "look too deep" into things, seeming to forget i'm a writer. that's exactly what writers are supposed to do. why don't you listen to what jerry and larry say about how they came up with the show and its plots and see how much effort went into it, instead of thinking they're just two funny guys who wound up writing a good show. that's pretty condescending.

Its not condescending, its most likely reality. The thing is I dont know. You dont know.

Now I could be right or you could be right. Its art so we really wont know. (Imagine Larry and Jerry misremembering or being liberal with facts when discussing how they came up with the show PERISH THE THOUGHT)

Youre the one who threw the books out in your original post. Im not sure what those authors over analyzing Seinfeld has to do with the actual meaning.

Im sorry, Zack. I dont look at you as a writer. I dont look at you as "not a writer" either, but I defintiely dont think "Z's a writer, he has to think that way"

Did you just call Noel Gallagher's lyrics brain dead, while arguing someone who wrote Song #2 and an entire album of bad space analogies?

Anyways, IMO Oasis is better and Seinfeld was simple. Then again, im not a writer. :wink:

EDIT: :lol: :lol: :lol: @ "My very right claims"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
an opinion from anyone who plays an instrument or is in a band and thinks that because they "know" music more than the next guy their opinion carries more weight < everyone else's opinion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:03 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:
an opinion from anyone who plays an instrument or is in a band and thinks that because they "know" music more than the next guy their opinion carries more weight < everyone else's opinion

Does that transfer over to writers on Tv opinions?

Seems like it would.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:05 pm 

Women's professional beach volleyball > Tour de France

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:05 pm 

absolutely.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
A7X wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
The Beatles had Sgt Peppers...the Beach Boys had Pet Sounds...what was the Stones groundbreaking musical composition???

Exile On Main Street

Not even in the team photo. No one ever mentions Exile on Main Street in the same breath with Sgt Peppers & Pet Sounds. Certainly not me.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
I would posit that people who listen to music for the lyrics are doing it wrong .....

sjboyd0137 wrote:

Women's professional beach volleyball > Tour de France

NO! i love cycling and i think that i know more about it than you, so you are wrong!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:07 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Youre the one who threw the books out in your original post. Im not sure what those authors over analyzing Seinfeld has to do with the actual meaning.

they're not overanalyzing, they're bringing some interesting things to light. same thing happened with "the simpsons". i brought them up just to back up my claim that i'm not the only one who thinks this way.

Quote:
Im sorry, Zack. I dont look at you as a writer. I dont look at you as "not a writer" either, but I defintiely dont think "Z's a writer, he has to think that way"

yeah well i don't know what to tell you. you've seen my movie reviews and i'm clearly an analytical person. so maybe you should keep that in mind in the future.

Quote:
Did you just call Noel Gallagher's lyrics brain dead, while arguing someone who wrote Song #2 and an entire album of bad space analogies?

"song #2" was meant to be as bland as it was. it was a joke song. you didn't know that? albarn is known to be a cynic, and a lot of his songs are satirical (just about all of "the great escape", which he claims is one of his worst albums strangely).

where do you get the "bad space analogies"?

keep in mind, RPB, i'm just ribbing you on the "i'm right" thing. but you have to know by now that i think on more levels than just the surface.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:08 pm 

A7X wrote:
I love The Beatles, but people went apeshit over David Cassidy, Bay City Rollers, New Kids On The Block, and the Spice Girls. I don't think 14 year old girls are the best qualifier of talent.

Sure, but no one was influenced by David Cassidy, Bay City Rollers, New Kids On The Block, and the Spice Girls...at least no one who was any good!

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:08 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Not even in the team photo. No one ever mentions Exile on Main Street in the same breath with Sgt Peppers & Pet Sounds. Certainly not me.

I'm far from being a Beatles fan, but you are right on this IMO. Exile is the Stones' most put together album, but it was them doing what they do. There was nothing groundbreaking about the album.

Sgt Peppers and Pet Sounds were far more expirimental risks that each band was willing to take because they were at the height of their success, and even if the albums were shit, they would have sold.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:09 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Jeff, you need to give yourself a listen to:

Yup. Fantastic.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:09 pm 

NO! i love cycling and i think that i know more about it than you, so you are wrong!

:D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

I suppose you don't ride a bicyle then.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:11 pm 

Zack, might be right.

I might be wrong.

I dont like how Zack presents his opinions as more valuable.

I studied Media and Journalism too. I even wrote a pilot (not that good). But I dont think my opinion has more creedence than John Q Tvwatcher.

I just dont think Art works that way.

But its 310 and time has been sufficiently killed so, thats all i have to say about that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:16 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
But its 310 and time has been sufficiently killed so, thats all i have to say about that.

then my plan worked! :D

it's ok, bryan. i get the feeling most people don't like my opinions anyway. but that doesn't deter me. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:18 pm 

W_Z wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

they're not overanalyzing, they're bringing some interesting things to light. same thing happened with "the simpsons". i brought them up just to back up my claim that i'm not the only one who thinks this way.

I kinda answered this already in between our posts.

Quote:

W_Z wrote:
[yeah well i don't know what to tell you. you've seen my movie reviews and i'm clearly an analytical person. so maybe you should keep that in mind in the future.

Why? Why does that make you different?
Should I look at Free Ajents posts from an adulterer's point of view?

I take posts at face value.

Quote:

W_Z wrote:
"song #2" was meant to be as bland as it was. it was a joke song. you didn't know that?[
al
No, I thought Woo Hoo was the best he could do.

Just odd that you would use Brain dead. I mean, couldnt some of Noels so called brain dead lyrics be satirical? Or did Blur invent Satire?

Do you think Supersonic isnt satirical?

W_Z wrote:
Albarn is known to be a cynic, and a lot of his songs are satirical (just about all of "the great escape", which he claims is one of his worst albums strangely).

where do you get the "bad space analogies"?

Modern life is Rubbish

and so is that album

W_Z wrote:
[keep in mind, RPB, i'm just ribbing you on the "i'm right" thing. but you have to know by now that i think on more levels than just the surface.

You are not unique in that. Writers are not unique in that.

The Saints are fuckin embarrassing BTW.
:D

Oh and Rod Stewart covered Oasis, so...most of this is moot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:19 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

sure i do. whats that got to do with anything?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:29 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Just odd that you would use Brain dead. I mean, couldnt some of Noels so called brain dead lyrics be satirical? Or did Blur invent Satire?

I don't think Noel writes stuff to be ironic, no. Some of the lyrics in "Lyla", "Wonderwall", and "She's Electric", etc. are just bland...blah.

Quote:
Do you think Supersonic isnt satirical?

not really. but it's an example of him using a beatles reference, like in "morning glory" and "the shock of the lightning".

and i'm also not a fan of "modern life is rubbish" really. i think i've only listened to it twice.

Quote:
You are not unique in that. Writers are not unique in that.

RPB, where did i say i was unique in that? i said that's who i am. is that hard to understand?

Quote:
The Saints are fuckin embarrassing BTW.

i already covered that, thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:

sure i do. whats that got to do with anything?

Might as well not waste your time posting about the Tour De France then. Since you ride a bike, your opnion < everyone else's on the matter.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:54 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Might as well not waste your time posting about the Tour De France then. Since you ride a bike, your opnion < everyone else's on the matter.

except i was posting stage results and congratulations to riders, which really weren't opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

Giving congrats to a doper as well.

Either way, your original comment was quite boneheaded. Just living up to your moniker once again.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

I'm far from being a Beatles fan, but you are right on this IMO. Exile is the Stones' most put together album, but it was them doing what they do. There was nothing groundbreaking about the album.

Sgt Peppers and Pet Sounds were far more expirimental risks that each band was willing to take because they were at the height of their success, and even if the albums were shit, they would have sold.

I can give you that. But the four album string of Let It Bleed, Beggar's Banquet, Sticky Fingers, and Exile was pretty damn impressive IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:05 pm 

A7X wrote:
I can give you that. But the four album string of Let It Bleed, Beggar's Banquet, Sticky Fingers, and Exile was pretty damn impressive IMO.

I completely agree with you. Exile is one of my favorite albums of all time, and Let it Bleed is right up there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next