It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Spaulding wrote:

I can see the argument for Goff maybe but I think he kisses Mac's ass too much for them to have a consitently good show.

:shock: this has to be a bit...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
How does Mitch not see that Jason Goff is the most talented bench player at the Score? How does Mitch not see that Meatpants is out of his league on a major market radio station? Actually he probably does, but he mistakenly let Mac choose his partner. Goff should have at least got the evening gig rather than LoHo.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I thought it was a good show today with Mac and Goff, and it sounds like we get it tommorow.

On Vandy paying his dues, probably not, but I look at it that there's other guys at the station that deserve to be fill ins and it's not fair to those guys that have been doing diffrent shifts or jobs at the Score and they can't get a chance to fill because somebody's friend gets on. That's not the best thing to do.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
reents wrote:
I thought it was a good show today with Mac and Goff, and it sounds like we get it tommorow.

On Vandy paying his dues, probably not, but I look at it that there's other guys at the station that deserve to be fill ins and it's not fair to those guys that have been doing diffrent shifts or jobs at the Score and they can't get a chance to fill because somebody's friend gets on. That's not the best thing to do.

Reents, that's what I thought I heard Mac say as he & Goff wrapped up transition with Boers & Bernstein. Not sure if Spiegs' band had a gig or if he's got vacation time that he's gotta use or lose the time off altogether...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
SHARK wrote:
reents wrote:

Reents, that's what I thought I heard Mac say as he & Goff wrapped up transition with Boers & Bernstein. Not sure if Spiegs' band had a gig or if he's got vacation time that he's gotta use or lose the time off altogether...

I could see it being vacation, Mac was off Friday that was vacation and I could see this being vacation since it was the Bears bye week.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Keep in mind that 670 The SCORE now has local sports talk from 10p-Midnight weeknights, sandwiched in between Laurence Holmes' nighttime show 6-10p & Les Grobstein's "SCORE Overnight". With LoHo still on vacation tonight & tomorrow, and Hub Arkush sitting in for "Mully & Hanley" today, I'm not sure who's got LoHo's shift from 6-7:30p tonight before & after Westwood One's national broadcast of the Texans/Colts' "Monday Night Football" game. Could it be the Ranger?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Too bad its not a permanent vacation from this show for meat. Today's version of the show was excellent.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Hell, I drank with Vandy at Macapalooza, and I didn't even realize it was Vandy.

Wow....I even knew that after the goldschlager shots.

I like Mac and Goff together just fine, but personally, I kinda like the three man weave (as long as they're not talking over each other). The three man weave sounds like more of a party and more lively.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:29 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Too bad its not a permanent vacation from this show for meat. Today's version of the show was excellent.

Yup. Macs show is always better when Meatpants is gone. I gotta believe that Mitch & Mac realize this too.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
So much Meatpants hatred. I don't understand why. He's fine by me.

You guys trying to find jobs for Goff... it's a little funny (like, let him get his own job) but where I feel a flash of anger is when it becomes a "fire x; hire y" rant. Its not that x sucks so much as you want y in his slot, and the whole thing seems slimy.

As for Vandy, maybe he'll make that trip to Bristol one of these days. If it doesn't work out, he can go to Bridgeport and announce for the WWE. Lord knows Vince has a barrel of unexciting talent calling his shows...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Spaulding wrote:
Darkside wrote:
I do actually. I listen to Rosies show on Saturday mornings during my migration to the south for rehearsals. His new partner sucks huge but Rosie is fun. He knows what he's talking about. Yeah, and I like Roz too. Same reasons pretty much.
And I'm not auditioning for radio. You couldn't handle it if I was. You'd be all like "I KNOW HIM!" and would love my show and turn up to all my remotes and be in the front row screaming with Doug if we played a show at our first non-suckaversary at Nellies and we'd blow joints out in the parking lot.

Can't help you with your bad taste in radio but that last part is freaking hilarious because it is so me.

Based on the last part (since it's "so you"), I think it's your taste in radio that is questionable.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Beebo wrote:
So much Meatpants hatred. I don't understand why. He's fine by me.

I was thinking about this the other day. I don't love Meatpants and I don't hate him. He seems to try real hard, and has a decent grasp on sports usually. The biggest thing I can knock him for (and it's really tough for me to explain why)...

is that I wouldn't get excited about sitting down at a bar, having a beer and talking sports with him. The opposite is true for guys like Berns, Goff, Mac and even Terry (for comedic reasons).

Like I said, tough to explain, but Meat just isn't as interesting to me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Meat is very prepared. He has folders, people!!! And he's a master of the remote and the trisportsgasm!!!
I wonder if he's ever done the George Costanza trifecta (sex, tv, food) thing.......nevermind....scratch that thought. :wink:

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:05 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Meat is very prepared. He has folders, people!!! And he's a master of the remote and the trisportsgasm!!!
I wonder if he's ever done the George Costanza trifecta (sex, tv, food) thing.......nevermind....scratch that thought. :wink:

I've done that trifecta, but I was alone.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
johnnyfontane wrote:
Based on the last part (since it's "so you"), I think it's your taste in radio that is questionable.

It might be the opposite of me and Darkside knew that. That's why it was so funny.

You've been paying attention to me lately but I don't bother with Hollywood finocchios who cry like a woman. :P

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Spaulding wrote:
johnnyfontane wrote:

It might be the opposite of me and Darkside knew that. That's why it was so funny.

You've been paying attention to me lately but I don't bother with Hollywood finocchios who cry like a woman. :P

Yeah, but I got my way.