It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:55 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Terry's Peeps wrote:
This is what happens when boyd doesn't start the thread

Oh sure, blame me you negative prick. :P

Hey hey a COF appearance!

Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
CSFMB: Now with more VITRIOL and OBDURATION!

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
bigfan wrote:
Claims of Spiegel or other mults here are wrong and this is a perfect time for some people to drop an apology? without the conditional statements. But as always, say what you want.

even tho i think it goes without saying, i'll say it: this is a place where a bunch of spirited "customers" (mac's term, not mine) get together to talk about people who talk about sports. sure, we have our favorites and our punching bags in the day-to-day throes of conversational discourse, but as it's been proven over the years, when shit gets real such as in the case of a loss in the family i have found that everyone here expresses their deep down well wishes and concerns for the affected parties.

that said, i'll look forward to my next opportunity to say, example, SHAKE THAT when the situation arises

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
A7X wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

:D

It's nice to see City of Fools canbe bad calling multiple shows :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:03 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Bile Spewing Cretin wrote:
Board is a reflection of the radio shows.

Are you saying that danny bernstein has taught us that a death is a great opportunity to bring up every mistake a person has made in his lifetime?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Board is a reflection of the radio shows. Shows are unrelenting in their criticism of public figures that they don't care for as are factions of this board.

But, none of it is personal as far as I've read. Borderline psychotic, but not personal, except for a few guys that have actual personal grudges against guys they've obviously met or worked with. I don't hear Mac, Boers, Bernstein, etc. throwing bouquets out to athletes right and left.

Ding!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Board is a reflection of the radio shows.

Are you saying that danny bernstein has taught us that a death is a great opportunity to bring up every mistake a person has made in his lifetime?

Jesus, are we related? Sounds like every wake I've ever been to.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:06 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Terry's Peeps wrote:
A7X wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

:D

Quoting Jason's favorite meng in the world, Tyler Perry: I can do bad all by myself.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
YourMom wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Sorry to hear it if true for Spiegel.

However, that wasn't the excuse on Monday or Tuesday.

It's great that you know so much about his life. The death occurred Saturday, the wake and funeral was Monday and Tuesday. And I'm not even close to being Spiegel, at least in part because of my vagina, but I am a friend of the deceased.

Seriously, just a little respect and decency wouldn't kill anybody right now. Just the teensiest bit.

There isn't anyone on this board who doesn't wish Spiegel the best in dealing with his personal situation. I'm sure everyone here feels nothing but sympathy & empathy for Matt. However, Matt has set himself up for criticism by missing more work days than a city of Chicago patronage employee. Meatpants just doesnt seem to have the dedication, drive or interest in his radio job. I really don't understand why Mac tolerates it, but I suspect that programming changes are coming in 2011 anyway since there are many host contracts up.
Truthfully, I wish Spiegel would take 52 weeks of vacation every year.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
No one is knowingly trying to take shots at him for missing work for a family tragedy. Showing up for hit and run barely half of the time is a different story. That is being fucking lazy and that annoyed me. I actually enjoy some solid baseball talk on the weekend and for him to not show up half of the time because of his band was annoying. Taking vacation time from a 5 day a week job is one thing, but getting a specialty/once a week show and consistently blowing it off because of your band is another. These last few days , completely regardless of why he wasn't there, have been good listening. Go play in your dinosaur cover band, leave the day job to Goff because he is better at it and be the pinch hitter/fill in guy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Suparosa on Central between Irving and Montrose. Forget about the rest!!!
Wow, the posts on page 1 of this thread were very wrong. I will say a prayer for all your souls this Sunday at the 9:30 mass at OLV.

You all need to get a life.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:44 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Bud Dude wrote:

Irony.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:44 am 

Bud Dude wrote:
Wow, the posts on page 1 of this thread were very wrong. I will say a prayer for all your souls this Sunday at the 9:30 mass at OLV.

No thanks. I'm quite happy with mine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:45 am 

Bud Dude wrote:

As has been explained before, none of us knew that it was a death in the family at the time. For some reason, "YourMom" posted last night at 10:30pm defending Spiegel didn't have the decency to let us know the reason for the absence.

With that new information, no one is faulting Spiegel for missing todays show.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:55 am 

RFDC wrote:
Awww that is sweet, Meatpant's woman got an account here to defend her man.

+1

This is the new OG thread.

Your mom, Im sorry for Matt's loss. He has my condolonces.

It doesnt make him any better at radio, Nor does it make his frequent absences any more reasonable.

So are you guys getting pretty serious?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
For some reason, "YourMom" posted last night at 10:30pm defending Spiegel didn't have the decency to let us know the reason for the absence.

I did not sign onto this board to be your moral conscience, despite my username. Your jab at my "decency" sounds like you need a stranger to tell you a public figure's personal business to get you to not say horrific things about him. I would like to believe that's not the case for most people. Perhaps I didn't read far enough on these boards before signing on to warrant that opinion. Admittedly, this morning I was so completely disgusted by what I read I felt the need to speak up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:02 pm 

YourMom wrote:
I did not sign onto this board to be your moral conscience, despite my username. Your jab at my "decency" sounds like you need a stranger to tell you a public figure's personal business to get you to not say horrific things about him. I would like to believe that's not the case for most people. Perhaps I didn't read far enough on these boards before signing on to warrant that opinion. Admittedly, this morning I was so completely disgusted by what I read I felt the need to speak up.
Speaking for myself, my criticism was purely professional. He/You would be smart to at least consider the goals he has for his career. If he wants to become a radio personality on the level of Mac, Boers, Bernstein and others I would recommend a different way of going about things to get there. If this is just a stop on the way to something else than carry on with your dual roles of singer/host.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:03 pm 

Ron Santo wrote:
Oh. Oh jeez

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:07 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Speaking for myself, my criticism was purely professional. He/You would be smart to at least consider the goals he has for his career. If he wants to become a radio personality on the level of Mac, Boers, Bernstein and others I would recommend a different way of going about things to get there. If this is just a stop on the way to something else than carry on with your dual roles of singer/host.

I think that's a fair sentiment, for which no rebuttal is necessary. But, also, I didn't post last night to defend Spiegel. I posted last night to ask Mac a question and bestow a compliment. I won't take your posts out of context if you'll be so kind as to do the same.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:15 pm 

YourMom wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I think that's a fair sentiment, for which no rebuttal is necessary. But, also, I didn't post last night to defend Spiegel. I posted last night to ask Mac a question and bestow a compliment. I won't take your posts out of context if you'll be so kind as to do the same.
:lol: Your whole first post was more about Spiegel than it was about Mac. You aren't fooling anyone.

The fact that your next 9 posts have also been about Spiegel isn't exactly helping your case either.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Laurence Holmes, who is supposed to return TONIGHT after "Boers & Bernstein" come 6p, is penciled in for tomorrow & Friday with Mac. Spiegs will now be off until Monday due to a death in his family.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Wow, Mac and Goff, or Macoff, needs to be the new full time show. They will grow and disagree on things, and it will be awesome.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:25 pm 

AWESOME!

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
:lol: Your whole first post was more about Spiegel than it was about Mac. You aren't fooling anyone.

The fact that your next 9 posts have also been about Spiegel isn't exactly helping your case either.

You're quite lost with reading comprehension, aren't you? Your statement about my first post simply isn't true, and your second is wildly misconstrued. My second post was to inform your witch hunt why, exactly, the object of your derision wasn't at work. My third was to chide. Since then I've either been going around the mullberry bush with you, or debating with Darkside, although you are correct that Spiegel has been the topic. I bow before your inescapable logic skills that I am defending the guy. I do enjoy his show, and I thought (and think) that this thread is disgusting. You win. :roll:

ETA: Apparently my sarcasm is a little too dry BR, so I made it more clear.

Last edited by YourMom on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Drop In wrote:
Wow, Mac and Goff, or Macoff, needs to be the new full time show. They will grow and disagree on things, and it will be awesome.

You mean even with the death in Spiegel's family, you STILL think Goff is better?

Jerk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
A death in the family doesn't make you better at your job. It makes you seem replaceable if you aren't the best option. Luckily I'm damn good at 12% of life. Sorry.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
What is the deal with meat's Saturday show... is that over or what?
You'rematt, I mean, YourMom I think you're making a mistake thinking that the absence for band is condoned but that's little more than my opinion. I think it shows a certain lack of committment to his primary job. I don't think I'm alone in this. I bet it's been noticed by the big guys too. They certainly read this board.
If Meaty wants to stay ahead of the guys who want his job, he needs to be 'the man'.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Spiegs just had a death in his family...Let him grieve.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:40 pm 

YourMom wrote:
You win.
Thank you. You did try hard but you just came up a little short.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next