It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Darkside wrote:
If you're his girlfriend, would you do something about his wardrobe? He shouldn't be wearing shirts that button up because he seems to have all kinds of problems putting the right button in the right button hole.

Did you think that one up all by yourself BOTH times you posted it today?

So far I've seen name-calling towards people here and not here, whining because the guy you hate wasn't on-air this week, unfounded accusations of someone wasting their day posting as someone they're not, flat-out bitchiness towards anyone who disagrees with oh-so well thought-out opinions, and jabs about a radio personality's wardrobe. It bills itself as a WSCR message board, but it sounds like a junior high girl's locker room. I'm hoping next you'll try to give me a wet willie, or convince someone to not ask me to prom.

Seriously, does this stuff work? Am I supposed to cry and run off the boards because you cyberbullied me? Oh, the horror! Taunt me about buttons again, oh no!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:35 pm 

YourMom wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

You come one message board to defend your acquaintence.

I don't know how to parse that sentence, as it's not really in English. But if you're saying what I think you're saying, I will repeat myself once more. I didn't come over to defend anyone. I came over here because last night I found the thread Mac started requesting questions. I asked him one, and threw in a compliment about liking his and Spiegs show, which I do. I checked back this morning to see an absolutely disgusting display, for which, yes, I think people should feel ashamed. In my lack of knowledge of how this place runs, I thought perhaps it would stop if the truth were known. Instead, I'm now just sharing the focus of disdain because I've had the audacity to defend an on-air personality who I ADMITTED TO KNOWING vaguely.

I would defend almost any acquaintance of mine in the same manner, as I find a lot of this behaviour grossly indecent. If you wouldn't do the same, and I assume through your flat-out glee in tearing down anything and anyone who disagrees with your opinion that you wouldn't, then I have no idea how to explain it to you.

You come on a message board to defend your acquaintence.

Please excuse my typo.

Your first post highlighted Spiegel quite a bit. The one's after that are scolding people for not knowing that his this specific absence wasnt TRIBUTE BAND related.

I dont tear anyone down. Im honest. I think youll find I promote many of the hosts I like quite a bit. (SHAKE THAT, GOFF, ETC)

Just because I dont like Spiegel as a host doesnt mean im negative.

And No, I wouldnt defend an acquaintence just because theyre an acquaintence. Thats something you do for a friend, not someone you know thru family or whatever your claim is.

Thats how I roll anyway. Mac is an acquaintence of mine, Im not gonna treat him with kid gloves and I dont think he would have it any other way.

And Im not sure what was offensive this morning. If its the posts about his frequent absences (Which were before you informed us that your acquaintence had a death in the family) or the Les Puns about how bad he is at radio...then youre a little overly sensitive.

What specifically was offensive?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Darkside wrote:
YourMom wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

You come one message board to defend your acquaintence.

I don't know how to parse that sentence, as it's not really in English. But if you're saying what I think you're saying, I will repeat myself once more. I didn't come over to defend anyone. I came over here because last night I found the thread Mac started requesting questions. I asked him one, and threw in a compliment about liking his and Spiegs show, which I do. I checked back this morning to see an absolutely disgusting display, for which, yes, I think people should feel ashamed. In my lack of knowledge of how this place runs, I thought perhaps it would stop if the truth were known. Instead, I'm now just sharing the focus of disdain because I've had the audacity to defend an on-air personality who I ADMITTED TO KNOWING vaguely.

I would defend almost any acquaintance of mine in the same manner, as I find a lot of this behaviour grossly indecent. If you wouldn't do the same, and I assume through your flat-out glee in tearing down anything and anyone who disagrees with your opinion that you wouldn't, then I have no idea how to explain it to you.

If you're his girlfriend, would you do something about his wardrobe? He shouldn't be wearing shirts that button up because he seems to have all kinds of problems putting the right button in the right button hole.

I'm not sure why, but whenever I see Spiegel on TV, i always think of Peter Griffin. I suppose it is the large & unkept similairites.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I like YourMom...she seems pretty cool. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:40 pm 

radiohawk wrote:
guys, meatpants isn't taking a day off for his band. He is dealing with some personal and family stuff.

Ok Id just like to point out a possible misunderstanding.

Due to the new first post must be approved rule, this post is on the first page but it wasnt there until recently (the thread was on page 4 already)

So at a glance, it looks like Radiohawk told everyone its family related and people went on poking fun at Spiegels's absence. Thats not what happened. I believe Doug's post saying its family related was the first one seen.

Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:45 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Is that.....a serious question? To clarify, you're telling me that you don't believe that any of the behaviour in this thread could be viewed as offensive?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
YourMom wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Is that.....a serious question? To clarify, you're telling me that you don't believe that any of the behaviour in this thread could be viewed as offensive?

Listening to you on the radio is offends my ears.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
YourMom wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

After re-reading the 1st page, which is supposedly the most offensive of them all, I see nothing remotely offensive with anything up to Doug's post about the family thing.

Nighthawks or whatever that dude's name is post did not appear until approved by the Big Man.

If criticizing something that has been discussed on a fairly regular basis was considered offensive, I think you need to reconsider spending any time here. This place isn't necessarily for the faint of heart.

Also, take your whiny PC bullshit and shove it :D

Welcome to the board.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
YourMom wrote:

Did you think that one up all by yourself BOTH times you posted it today?

Yup.

YourMom wrote:
So far I've seen name-calling towards people here and not here, whining because the guy you hate wasn't on-air this week, unfounded accusations of someone wasting their day posting as someone they're not, flat-out bitchiness towards anyone who disagrees with oh-so well thought-out opinions, and jabs about a radio personality's wardrobe. It bills itself as a WSCR message board, but it sounds like a junior high girl's locker room. I'm hoping next you'll try to give me a wet willie, or convince someone to not ask me to prom.

Welcome to CSFMB.

YourMom wrote:
Seriously, does this stuff work? Am I supposed to cry and run off the boards because you cyberbullied me? Oh, the horror! Taunt me about buttons again, oh no!

Hell no.
(but please teach him how to button his shirt.)
Now, go away or I will taunt you a second time, english pigdog.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:51 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
YourMom wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

After re-reading the 1st page, which is supposedly the most offensive of them all, I see nothing remotely offensive with anything up to Doug's post about the family thing.

Nighthawks or whatever that dude's name is post did not appear until approved by the Big Man.

If criticizing something that has been discussed on a fairly regular basis was considered offensive, I think you need to reconsider spending any time here. This place isn't necessarily for the faint of heart.

Also, take your whiny PC bullshit and shove it :D

Welcome to the board.

In fact, other than inserting some standard jokes that come into play, there was really no mention of Meat until you started with your "you guys should be ashamed of yourselves" routine. So now, I will go all spmack on you:

YourMom + Panther = Match

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:53 pm 

YourMom wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Yes.

Im referring to the first page only, but yes. Definitely a serious question.

Was it the jokes about his frequent absence or the Les puns that you deem offensive?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

I've read about half of this thread and I think Dr. Ken summed it up best when suggesting the absences are not just related to this week alone.
It really doesn't bother me that Spiegs has off days the days after he plays a gig. i'm sure he makes more money playing 3 hours of black sabbath or UFO than he would for a day at the Score. Good for him to have something else to do...I'd do the same given the opportunity.

Otherwise, not a lot of offensive stuff in my opinion, just typical "piling on" message board posts.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
It is unfortunate that Spiegel lost someone close to him and I feel for him and possibly YourMom's loss. That cannot be easy.

Having said that, people have been commenting about Spiegs' absences (and Mac's) since they came back to the Score. The absences are talked about almost more than the show itself. Love your pantsuit YourMom, but come on. If you want to give us some personal information that might explain a bad situation, fine. Stop the judgemental drivel. Read the Welcome Section, pay your dues and stay a while. You just might like it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
ALSer ALERT!!!!!! :roll: :mrgreen:

I've noticed that several people here want to say that Spiegel has no interest in progressing his radio career in the Chicago market. :? :? :?

A person has the right to pursue many interests in their lives and if the amount of vacation time allows for it, why not? Matt puts a ton of preparation into his show (hence his numerous folders), so I don't get the "not dedicated" part. :?

My condolences to Pantalones and his family. :(

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:00 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
rogers park bryan wrote:
or the Les puns that you deem offensive?

Please.

I was not aware of Spiegel's reason for not being on the show at the time. Again, sorry to hear that he's dealing with a personal issue.

But, those were small jabs at the incessent use of the "Les", "Tad", "General" jokes that were turned back in their direction. Hardly "offensive" and I can't say I'd hold back on making them even if I knew of his situation.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:02 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Please.

I was not aware of Spiegel's reason for not being on the show at the time. Again, sorry to hear that he's dealing with a personal issue.

But, those were small jabs at the incessent use of the "Les", "Tad", "General" jokes that were turned back in their direction. Hardly "offensive" and I can't say I'd hold back on making them even if I knew of his situation.

Those posts couldn't have been Les Offensive

Last edited by rogers park bryan on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:02 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Please.

Those posts coudlnt have been Les Offensive

I went to charm school in 1992 with Les Offensive

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:05 pm 

Actually the thing that would be most offensive in this thread would be the screenname "YourMom"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
rogers park bryan wrote:

Please.

Didn't Mac bring those crap jokes with him from his ESPN days?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:08 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
redskingreg wrote:

Yes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:09 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
If your boyfriend is gonna be the parttime host of a baseball show, could you ask him to do some research so he knows who Zoilo Versalles next time it comes up?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:09 pm 

Let's be honest here and just say it. My post is what she found the most offensive. My post was brutally honest and probably hit a little "too close to home".

Had I known that today's absence was for a family issue like that I probably would have made it a different day. He missed two straight days, and Jason Goff was quickly called in to cover for him. He has or had a show tonight(which I thought was yesterday).

I still stand by the fact that he seems to care at least as much about his tribute band as he does his radio show. If I was trying to become a major player in it I would do things differently. I think he'll ultimately regret not taking every chance he can to be on the radio. It's something that shouldn't be taken for granted.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:10 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
[qu

Yes, and I dont think they are a Tad Offenisve.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:15 pm 

When I came into this thread to both inform and to plead for the smallest amount of respect for a fellow human being's rough time, regardless of how you feel about his job performance, I was accused and taunted for being Spiegel, for being Spiegel's mom, and being Spiegel's girlfriend.

When everyone VERY CLEARLY knew that there was a death in his family some of the responses inlclude:

Darkside wrote:
Ok, you can get off your soapbox now. And learn to button your shirt.

RFDC wrote:
Awww that is sweet, Meatpant's woman got an account here to defend her man.

Bozo wrote:
Spiegel is a clown

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
:lol: The fact that your next 9 posts have also been about Spiegel isn't exactly helping your case either.

Terry's Peeps wrote:
AWESOME!

Scorehead wrote:
How do you feel about NASCAR?

The Les Offensive or whatever jokes bother me not at all. I've shown nothing other than intellectual interest in why you (and I'm using the universal, or at least thread-wide "you" here) don't like him. I do, however, find your absolute disregard of someone's pain and the continuing to mock and taunt him in a thread stating full knowledge of his tragedy absolutely offensive. If you can't take a day off from your hatred of a forgodssake radio show host to simply respect a person's loss, then our definitions of offensive differ wildly . I can see I'm in the minority here, which means this is absolutely not the board for me. I came here to ask Mac a question and maybe discuss the awful new website, not to teach what I believe you should already know.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:18 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Just count the dead guy lucky if bernstein doesn't know who he is. Otherwise he might go over his criminal record on the air today.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:18 pm 
Nobody clearly knew their was a death in the family until you came on and told us. And if you read this board at all, you know damn well anybody who comes on as a new poster and immediately starts defending somebody is going to be accused of being that person.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:19 pm 

YourMom wrote:
Bozo wrote:
Spiegel is a clown

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I wasn't taunting Meatpants at all. I was taunting you. You're not meatpants are you?
How does taunting you have anything to do with Meatpants family situation?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Mac mentioned late in the show that there was a death in Spiegel's family.

Jason must've had this board up on his screen again.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

YourMom wrote:
I can see I'm in the minority here, which means this is absolutely not the board for me. I came here to ask Mac a question and maybe discuss the awful new website, not to teach what I believe you should already know.

Don't let these guys get to ya...stick around. We could use more females here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next