It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: I'm game
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Darkside wrote:
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
you were a lot nicer in 2009. I like the old Darko.

You know, back in 2009 I hadn't been backstabbed by some people close to me. And you know what, just fronting and lying about liking people you don't like gets you absolutely nowhere.
Shit man. I can play all nice and pretend to be someone I'm not and ultimately I would suffer for it, but you know at least people would think "I'm nice". Where does being nice get you, Cairo? I think you've espoused your opinion on where nice guys tend to finish.
And you know what, screw it. I don't see the need to be nice to people who drive me nuts. People who make comments that they don't fully understand that basically are insulting don't get a pass anymore. Maybe I'm getting old or something but I am not going to be walked on or fucked with any more. I'm still in a "high profile squabble" and you know what? I will never, never apologize for saying what I truly felt after months of repressing my anger and disappointment. Won't do it. Why? Because lying to myself is FAR more damaging than being who I am and believing what I believe. I don't need to be around people who are gonna fuck me over again the first chance they get. You know what they say, fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice? Ain't gonna fool me twice.

Well, I can't say I disagree with any of that.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Umm anyone else notice Mac only answered the softball questions?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
chaspoppcap wrote:
Umm anyone else notice Mac only answered the softball questions?

More coming tonight according to Mackie-fish.

Keep your pants up :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Darkside wrote:
His man job is talking, if he does a second job that hurts his ability to do his primary job, that would be cause for concern to both his "Fans" or listeners and certainly the management, who must wonder, at least privately, where his true alligences lie.

Again, my point is that evidence seems to show that the management does not wonder about his true allegiances. Tributosaurus is not a new band, and his taking the day off after a show is not a new thing. All signs point to his absences not only being okay by management, but being condoned. The comments about your desire for consistency as a listener just don't resonate with me, for which I apologise. They get a lot of vacation, they take it. I again assume that if management had a problem with their hosts taking their vacation time, they wouldn't give it to them. It just seems logical. I'm guessing I don't take my sports talk radio as seriously as many people here do, because, while I do want to see your consistency point, I simply don't view taking days off as any sort of deal-breaker.

For the record, the small sampling of complaining about Spiegel taking time off (I'm sure there's more than what I've had time to read) that I've seen seems to be coming from the same posters who don't like him anyway. The punchline, "The food here is horrible! And the portions are so small!" comes to mind.

Darkside wrote:
Wow. Pretty unscientific and goofy. THis poll is as meaningless as anything on this web site.

Your opinion has been heard, but the entire original point was to ask MAC what he thought. A question I'm still interested in having answered, should he still be reading.

Darkside wrote:
Which ones? Let's compare notes.

I took a walk-through the White Sox tailgate this summer, although I can't say I hung out. Mostly because it was packed and I didn't know anyone. I was also at the anniversary party, and as I sometimes had a marginally difficult time getting a drink downstairs or a seat upstairs, I considered it well-attended. They weren't hanging from the rafters, but to me it looked like many nights at that bar.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:50 am 

:lol: This is so obviously Meatpants.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
:lol: This is so obviously Meatpants.

Put this in the record books.

I agree with OKC.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
YourMom wrote:
I was also at the anniversary party, and as I sometimes had a marginally difficult time getting a drink downstairs or a seat upstairs, I considered it well-attended. They weren't hanging from the rafters, but to me it looked like many nights at that bar.

You don't spend a lot of time at that bar, do you?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:58 am 

And of course YourMom was at the tailgate. Why? Because Meatpants was there. I know because Meatpants offered me his kabob....then he told me there was some food available too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
sjboyd0137 wrote:
You don't spend a lot of time at that bar, do you?

No, I'm a little too old for it these days :) I suppose "many" is an exaggeration. A handful would have been more correct.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
YourMom wrote:
The poll I was referring to was on chicagonow.com. The link is: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chicago ... -host.html

Funny...I like the hosts with the least amount of votes better...

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:04 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
YourMom wrote:
The poll I was referring to was on chicagonow.com. The link is: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chicago ... -host.html

Funny...I like the hosts with the least amount of votes better...

Tiny, Hanley, and Huebner??

ok....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
And of course YourMom was at the tailgate. Why? Because Meatpants was there. I know because Meatpants offered me his kabob....then he told me there was some food available too.

:lol: 1 for every 1000 kid.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:08 pm 

spmack wrote:

:lol: 1 for every 1000 kid.

:D I'll take a compliment from Kamps any way I can get it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:12 pm 

pizza_Place: *
:D I'll take a compliment from Kamps any way I can get it.

Go to bed!!

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:28 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
"Why is it important? Because the listeners expect continuity. We expect our host to host the show."

Darkside, I disagree on this.

Continuity is great for a listener if they like the show. I enjoy Dan and Terry much more when they are with different hosts. Loved B &B in the past but I think a change would be great for both. So I'm all for no continuity in that case. And if you don't like Spiegel, yet complain about the days off he takes, it seems like you're looking for one more reason to bitch about a host you don't like. I do the same with LoHo....if I hear something stupid from him, I'm going to bitch about it and him. I'm more likely to listen to B and B if either is gone and there's a fill in.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:52 am 

YourMom wrote:
Darkside wrote:
His man job is talking, if he does a second job that hurts his ability to do his primary job, that would be cause for concern to both his "Fans" or listeners and certainly the management, who must wonder, at least privately, where his true alligences lie.

Again, my point is that evidence seems to show that the management does not wonder about his true allegiances. Tributosaurus is not a new band, and his taking the day off after a show is not a new thing. All signs point to his absences not only being okay by management, but being condoned. The comments about your desire for consistency as a listener just don't resonate with me, for which I apologise. They get a lot of vacation, they take it. I again assume that if management had a problem with their hosts taking their vacation time, they wouldn't give it to them. It just seems logical. I'm guessing I don't take my sports talk radio as seriously as many people here do, because, while I do want to see your consistency point, I simply don't view taking days off as any sort of deal-breaker.

For the record, the small sampling of complaining about Spiegel taking time off (I'm sure there's more than what I've had time to read) that I've seen seems to be coming from the same posters who don't like him anyway. The punchline, "The food here is horrible! And the portions are so small!" comes to mind.

Darkside wrote:
Wow. Pretty unscientific and goofy. THis poll is as meaningless as anything on this web site.

Your opinion has been heard, but the entire original point was to ask MAC what he thought. A question I'm still interested in having answered, should he still be reading.

Darkside wrote:
Which ones? Let's compare notes.

I took a walk-through the White Sox tailgate this summer, although I can't say I hung out. Mostly because it was packed and I didn't know anyone. I was also at the anniversary party, and as I sometimes had a marginally difficult time getting a drink downstairs or a seat upstairs, I considered it well-attended. They weren't hanging from the rafters, but to me it looked like many nights at that bar.

This is the post that makes it obvious.

Thats waaaaaay too much information for someone who "vaguely knows Spiegel"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:57 am 

YourMom wrote:
Spiegel just said this over the air almost verbatim.

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
YourMom wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
YourMom wrote:

I heard that too :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I'd say that is very interesting, but it isn't.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:04 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
We also found out that he has nicknamed his girlfriend biscuit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:05 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:
We also found out that he has nicknamed his girlfriend biscuit.

I'm leaving the fact that his girlfriend's nickname is a food alone.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:08 am 

Meatpants eating the biscuit.... :puker:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Did we all get a good visual image when he said biscuits go good with honey and butter? He probably was really thinking gravy though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:48 am 

Girl you look so good somebody should put you on a plate and sop you up with a buttermilk biscuit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6