It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
WYC spmack? If Silvy responded regularly you would have to cover you're keyboard with a condom. :wink:

:lol: :lol:
Awesome. :drunken: :lol: :lol: :alien:

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Even on Thanksgiving there is still a guest lurking in here.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:45 pm 

bigfan wrote:
I understand you guys enjoy giving him shit, but you understand he wasnt there to really cover "The game", he was there to talk about "The event". The guy bought a ticket and talked about what it was like in Wrigley.
Is it too much to ask to expect a Chicago sports radio host to cover "the game" between the two biggest and most important football programs in the state? How could he talk about the game when he likely didn't even get to watch the fourth quarter as he was leaving or at a bar or something?
bigfan wrote:
Please give me the name of the other media person in this city that went to a bar, sat in the stands, talked to anyone else besides the medai creitns sitting next to them?
My guess is that pretty much everyone attended the game did this. So, pick someone who went to the game and there is your answer.
bigfan wrote:
I would even venture to say Spiegel attends more sporting events in this city, than any other sports yakker?
I highly doubt this. Harry definitely attends more. That also shows just how much that defense matters. Mully and Hanley probably do also. Doesn't Jurko have partial season tickets for the White Sox?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Rick, I will now explain to you why you are wrong again on almost all points.

1. You insist that Spiegs did not do his job because he left "The Big Game" between "The 2 Biggest Programs" in the state, which are at best Average Programs in the country. Not one other sportstalk guy went to the game? So the 75% of the game he watched is still more than anyone else? He also didnt leave just because he wanted to, he left because it was too fucking cold. I left because it was too cold. Even IB, who told you Spiegs left said 'It was really cold?" He didn't go to the game to report on a 3-4 defense, or if Zook made a bad play call, he went to the game to report on the EVENT, how the crowd was, what the field looked like, how the players adjusted, etc etc. I think 3 quarters of a game is more than enough to summarize those things.

2. You claim that I could pick any media person that covered that game and you are 100% sure they went to a bar after the game? I would be willing to drop $100 that you are wrong on this. First, also all media people that cover games don't go to a bar after. They write stories for the paper! Second, the Bars were so crowded and the lines were so long, no way those guys are waiting in lines. Your best shot would be Teddy Greeenstein, who being from NU and having friends at the game might have met some people out, but for the most part, you are so off on this topic again.

3. I stated Spiegs probably attends more games than any other talker in the city. You claimed 'No way...Harry does". Harry does attend a number of games, but so does Spiegs. I would say it is close as I know Spiegs does a ton of Cub games and some Sox games. Of course you need to take the words literally and thus compare the exact number of games Harry attended v Spiegs attendance, when the point is that Spiegs attends a number of event, more than anyone at the Score and more than anyone at ESPN, except Maybe Harry. When the really point is that he goes to a number of games to get better info than just what is on TV.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:07 pm 

Rick, the game wasnt that important.

He got the feel for the event.

Anyway lets wait til his new daily segment..."Addressing the board" on monday or whenever he's back

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
spmack wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:

I don't care whether hosts post here or not. I actually prefer they don't, because a lot of posters tend to hold back on guys that post here.

I will agree with you there IB. I've always been against STU-Gotz and others saying that Mac posting on this board somehow breathes life here. Big Fan didn't make this place in the hopes that radio stiffs would post here. Now of course, Mac plugging the board back in the MJH days certainly brought a lot of attention, but it wouldn't bother me one bit if he (or Goff or Matt) stopped posting.

WYC spmack? If Silvy responded regularly you would have to cover you're keyboard with a condom. :wink:

:lol: If this was the old days yes, but in my C-Howitt-Fealz "not bragging BUT really bragging way", I'm friends with him on facebook and twitter, as well as infrequent texting back and forth...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

The fact that people think it's Spiegel amuses me .... I think a far more reasonable supposition is a recently-deleted asswipe.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Don Tiny wrote:

The fact that people think it's Spiegel amuses me .... I think a far more reasonable supposition is a recently-deleted asswipe.

Nas?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:58 pm 

Actual question: Arent there always guests lurking?

Philosophical question: Arent we all "guests"?

One line zinger question: You really think Spiegal was anywhere but at the table yesterday?

Self deprecating question: Posting on a message board on a friday night? How cool is that?

Question for Matt Spiegal: Why dont you come here, take your lumps like Mac and get the board...er ISOP on your side? Its still here for ya.

Wu Tang question: "Who the fuck is 40cent?"

Bulls question: Isnt this Noah thing still kind of a shock? I thought he'd be terrible

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:00 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Actual question: Arent there always guests lurking?

Philosophical question: Arent we all "guests"?

One line zinger question: You really think Spiegal was anywhere but at the table yesterday?

Self deprecating question: Posting on a message board on a friday night? How cool is that?

Question for Matt Spiegal: Why dont you come here, take your lumps like Mac and get the board...er ISOP on your side? Its still here for ya.

Wu Tang question: "Who the fuck is 40cent?"

Bulls question: Isnt this Noah thing still kind of a shock? I thought he'd be terrible

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:34 am 

bigfan wrote:
1. You insist that Spiegs did not do his job because he left "The Big Game" between "The 2 Biggest Programs" in the state, which are at best Average Programs in the country. Not one other sportstalk guy went to the game? So the 75% of the game he watched is still more than anyone else? He also didnt leave just because he wanted to, he left because it was too fucking cold. I left because it was too cold. Even IB, who told you Spiegs left said 'It was really cold?" He didn't go to the game to report on a 3-4 defense, or if Zook made a bad play call, he went to the game to report on the EVENT, how the crowd was, what the field looked like, how the players adjusted, etc etc. I think 3 quarters of a game is more than enough to summarize those things.
I think the actual rivalry game between the two was important. If he doesn't that's fine. A lot of people gave Mac a lot of grief for not knowing who John Wall was. I think not caring about the two preeminent college football programs is just as bad.
bigfan wrote:
2. You claim that I could pick any media person that covered that game and you are 100% sure they went to a bar after the game? I would be willing to drop $100 that you are wrong on this. First, also all media people that cover games don't go to a bar after. They write stories for the paper! Second, the Bars were so crowded and the lines were so long, no way those guys are waiting in lines. Your best shot would be Teddy Greeenstein, who being from NU and having friends at the game might have met some people out, but for the most part, you are so off on this topic again.
I bet a lot of reporters covering the game went to the bars to see what it was like there. After all, the game didn't matter. It was the experience. The bars are a big part of the Wrigleyville experience.
bigfan wrote:
3. I stated Spiegs probably attends more games than any other talker in the city. You claimed 'No way...Harry does". Harry does attend a number of games, but so does Spiegs. I would say it is close as I know Spiegs does a ton of Cub games and some Sox games. Of course you need to take the words literally and thus compare the exact number of games Harry attended v Spiegs attendance, when the point is that Spiegs attends a number of event, more than anyone at the Score and more than anyone at ESPN, except Maybe Harry. When the really point is that he goes to a number of games to get better info than just what is on TV.
Does Spiegel attend more games than Mully and Hanley?

Last edited by Brick on Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
It's adorable how Bigfan sticks up for his new drinking buddy. :lol: It's also funny how he debases himself in Spiegel's defense. "35 degrees at a football game is really cold! I left early too! My skin is really sensitive!"

He went to the game so he could get on the radio and say "I went to the game and..." I made a post that defeated that, since he paid almost no attention to the game, then left early. He got pissed that people found that out (do you think he would have voluntarily said on the radio that he left before the 4th quarter because he was cold?) He already had a reputation as a lazy host, and this whole episode further cements that, no matter how much of a blast drinking merlot with him was that one time.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:10 pm 

My God! It's 35 degrees in Columbus for the Michigan-Ohio State game. Look at those brave souls fighting the elements...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:15 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
My God! It's 35 degrees in Columbus for the Michigan-Ohio State game. Look at those brave souls fighting the elements...

It feels like 26 they say.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:17 pm 

Unbelievable! How the human body can survive such hellish conditions is beyond me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:26 pm 

Irish Boy wrote:
It's adorable how Bigfan sticks up for his new drinking buddy. :lol: It's also funny how he debases himself in Spiegel's defense. "35 degrees at a football game is really cold! I left early too! My skin is really sensitive!"

He went to the game so he could get on the radio and say "I went to the game and..." I made a post that defeated that, since he paid almost no attention to the game, then left early. He got pissed that people found that out (do you think he would have voluntarily said on the radio that he left before the 4th quarter because he was cold?) He already had a reputation as a lazy host, and this whole episode further cements that, no matter how much of a blast drinking merlot with him was that one time.

I once saw Tim Wiegel leave a DePaul game with 2 minutes left, that made him a terrible and lazy reporter!

And I have had Beers with Wiegel at Kelly's, never had drinks with Spiegs at Kellys.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Unbelievable! How the human body can survive such hellish conditions is beyond me.

Two words, pocket warmers.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:28 pm 

Didn't Shake that leave a bulls game early once? Wasn't that one of his tough guy stories where he gave someone the evil eye or something?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:18 pm 

Will he actually work all 5 days next week?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:24 pm 

It'll be a better show if he doesn't.

And maybe meat is pissed because he realizes Finji is more talented than he is.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:35 pm 

OOgie wrote:
Will he actually work all 5 days next week?

Might have to, could be out of vacation, personal days

I think he is well into unpaid days off.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:42 pm 
OOgie wrote:
Maybe some here that are in a band can shed some light on it, but if you sing a night before, is this why he can't talk the next day?

Depending on how rangey the songs are, you might be a little hoarse, but there's no reason you couldn't be on the air the next day just yappin about sports.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
bigfan wrote:
I once saw Tim Wiegel leave a DePaul game with 2 minutes left, that made him a terrible and lazy reporter!
Chet Coppock supports leaving DePaul games early. :eye:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:22 pm 

Guest is still lurking here by the way.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Guest is still lurking here by the way.

My mom was a guest at my house for Thanksgiving.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:29 pm 

She at least knew when to leave.....

:D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Irish Boy wrote:

:cheers: :cheers:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Baby McNown wrote:
OOgie wrote:
Maybe some here that are in a band can shed some light on it, but if you sing a night before, is this why he can't talk the next day?

Depending on how rangey the songs are, you might be a little hoarse, but there's no reason you couldn't be on the air the next day just yappin about sports.

9am comes awfully early when you're a lazy bum.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:13 pm 

There is a guest in here right now! Must be Spiegs!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:16 pm 

bigfan wrote:
There is a guest in here right now! Must be Spiegs!

There is in fact a guest in here, probably "your mom" or panther.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next