It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Predictions
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Today's show brings discussion of another Bears game and another set of predictable predictions. Have any of the four (MJH and JD) ever predicted a Bears loss over the entire season? Some of us may think Harry (33-3 Bears) is the Kerry Kool Aid who predicts every game to be a blowout, but hasn't JD predicted nearly every game to be a blowout also?

Maybe these guys really believe this nonsense that no game should ever be close. (Props to Mac for at least being a realist this week with his 17-10 prediction). And maybe some of the MJH audience likes to suck down the Kool Aid on Friday afternoon and they just want to hear the boys say "Bears in a blowout". I would just suggest that some of us in the listening audience would actually prefer a little objective analysis once in a while rather than all this crazy kool aid consumption all the time.

If I want Kool-Aid, I'll drink the cherry kind. I know I'm probably on an island on this one. That's Ok.

Cue Frank Costanza. BEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
I can't recall the details, but I've always thought that JD was the closest thing to a realist when it came down to a prediction, and I think he's always the closest to the actual outcome. I wonder if anyone has been keeping tabs...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:20 pm 

JD didn't always pick blowouts, but IIRC, he did pick a couple for blowouts that weren't. That said, I believed the Bears would win 15 of their games this year, and was only wrong about it twice. It's hard to pick against the Bears this season, simply because early on they were very good, and the vast bulk of their competition was mediocre at best. But I'm with you, Coast: after seeing this team play down the stretch, I am bewildered as to how anyone can think they're going to blow anyone out at this point. I think there is going to be some very surprised kool-aid drinkers Sunday afternoon.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Did somebody say PREDICTIONS?!?!?

The Colts returns to their former city where they are treated by a chorus of boos for three straight hours. Goober Manning looks as clueless as ever as Buddy Ryan's kid unleashes the dawgs on the Colts offense: Colts get blown out of Baltimore - and a despondant Woodridge Ryan crawls into his closet and licks his nut sack until next season.

Philly travels down to the bayou, but unfortunately they forgot one thing - their starting CB who's out with a dislocated elbow. Drew Brees does his part so he can play against his former team in the Super Bowl. Nawlins beats Philly in a high scoring affair

Seattle, fresh off wrapping up the season with a 1-3 record blows into the Windy City, and then they continue to blow as Chicago's running game pounds their defense for three TDs. Matt Hasselbeck is also carted off the field, and Shaun Alexander is seen regularly running like he has a piano no his back and broken glass inside of his spikes. Bears blow out Seattle 31-10.

And in the game of the week, Philip Rivers chokes under pressure and Tom Brady shows everybody why he's considered one of the best 'big game' quarterbacks in the modern NFL. Patriots win - pulling away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nicely done, Grid. We need you in the wagering section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:32 pm 

Quote:
Matt Hasselbeck is also carted off the field

Don't count on it, unless you're expecting Hasselbeck to trip over his own feet and fall in such a way that he injures himself.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:35 pm 

Agreed C2C.

These guys get paid for one thing, observation of the passing sports scene. I know they are better than some in that regard (think Norm Van Lier when he was on in the mornings and his weekend trips meant he "couldn't" catch a Bears game), but I think that since they have a former NFL player and all love the game the analysis s/b much better.

The next time Harry is critical of a player/coach/owner/team exec WITHOUT giving him praise right after that, will be a first.

Post subject: Re: Predictions
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:11 pm 

Quote:
Have any of the four (MJH and JD) ever predicted a Bears loss over the entire season?

IIRC, they all predicted a loss against the Patriots.

Except for Harry, of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:54 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
i predict Jurk falls off the stage at the next remote just as he did today :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:21 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
The Colts returns to their former city where they are treated by a chorus of boos for three straight hours. Goober Manning looks as clueless as ever as Buddy Ryan's kid unleashes the dawgs on the Colts offense: Colts get blown out of Baltimore - and a despondant Woodridge Ryan crawls into his closet and licks his nut sack until next season.

Come on Grid! They have the best quarterback in the league! He endorses Sprint for God's sake!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Wow.. if anything the Ravens defense looked confused at the beginning of the game.

I don't wanna hear any more crap from Harry about Steve McNair being a 'warrior' either. He had two critical turnovers in the shadows of the uprights. And that strip at the end was pathetic.

And although it won't be talked about... that NON-catch by Dallas Clark that was called a first down would have been a drive killer - and Baltimore could have went up by one, instead of down by 9. But that's rather presumptious of me, since McNair probably would have turned the ball over.

The Colts earned that victory today.

Nice win for your horseshoes Woodridge! Now let's see if they can host the Paaaaatriots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:04 pm 

Steve McNair = Rex Grossman with a tan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah it's funny. Peyton was a chocker last few years in people minds even though he had some good games. Now he's tough and a winner these past two weeks even though he threw 3 picks vs KC and 2 vs the Ravens with no TD's. It's funny how sports are sometimes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:24 pm 

Quote:
Peyton was terrible again. He would have had 4 interceptions if Ray Lewis didn't tip the ball.

Yeah he was; it's incredible the Colts have won twice in the playoffs thanks to their defense. Bet no one called that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

MattInTheCrown wrote:
Quote:
Peyton was terrible again. He would have had 4 interceptions if Ray Lewis didn't tip the ball.

Yeah he was; it's incredible the Colts have won twice in the playoffs thanks to their defense. Bet no one called that.

Colts defense has been incredible, but they have been helped by facing two offenses (Chiefs with Trent Green, and Baltimore with an average offense overall) that aren't going to explode often.

Still, this was not the way I expected the Colts to win games, and they deserve a lot of credit.

They just beat the team with the best defense they are going to face. I can't imagine that Manning will struggle three straight weeks, and any defense they face after seeing Baltimore may get them going.

Obviously, they will be rooting for NE so they can play at home tomorrow...As a Bears fan, I wouldn't be upset with any of these teams in the Super Bowl, should we be fortunate enough to get there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:40 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
i preditc ill never split a 20sack again....

good god..

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:35 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
"Nas"
I couldn't care less what team the Bears face as long as they get there.

I agree Nas and I don't care about 'style points' whatsoever. Just outscore the opponent. Nobody will remember that Brady threw three interceptions yesterday and the Chargers played the second half (for the most part) without two of their best defensive playmakers. All they'll remember is who won the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:14 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quote:
Yeah it's funny. Peyton was a chocker last few years in people minds even though he had some good games. Now he's tough and a winner these past two weeks even though he threw 3 picks vs KC and 2 vs the Ravens with no TD's. It's funny how sports are sometimes.

Beardown, very impressed you are able to know what actually has been happening in Indy over the oast few years than what the media has been successful in making everyone else believe. I can not tell you how happy I am right now to have a chance at Tom Brady and the Patriots. If the Colts lose, I may have to get away for awhile. If we win, it will be the greatest thing ever. I might actually be at the dome for the game.

As for you guys, CONGRATS! I'm happy for all the Bears fans. Good luck next week and if we all end up meeting in the Superbowl, I'll expect a beatin gin these boards for the next two weeks and if the Bears were to win that game...oh god...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:59 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
i preditc ill never split a 20sack again....

good god..

I predict you will and that you fully intended to do it again even as you made this prediction.