It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:06 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I heard Phil Simms on the radio being interviewed from his hospital bed over the weekend after some back surgery.

Just some fodder for the idea trough.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
do it Zack!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
I think he should be known as Phil Slimms....but that's just me I guess. :wink:

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Yeah Zach too long without Phil.Season almost over.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Quote:
Anytime, you find yourself in a hospital bed, watching Tom Brady on TV, you know that you aren't 100%. Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning, well, they were on the football field on Sunday so you know they were, maybe not 100%, but at least 90%. I was in a hospital bed, so I was not 100% on Sunday.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Quote:
Anytime, you find yourself in a hospital bed, watching Tom Brady on TV, you know that you aren't 100%. Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning, well, they were on the football field on Sunday so you know they were, maybe not 100%, but at least 90%. I was in a hospital bed, so I was not 100% on Sunday.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I could picture that and hear Phil with that.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Good stuff Frank...we all should come up with fodder for Wheaton Phill Simms...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Sunday morning Mike Francessa show, which is suppossed to be an NFL show and it's a Jets and Giants report. Why it is on the Score, I have no idea.

Phill was in a hospital bed after being shot as he breaking up an attempted robbery and kidnapping!
or his back was just out and Mike Francessa made it sound like the guy was a war hero for talking on the phone!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:04 pm 

left mac a PM. good stuff frank. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

I guess, except for Tom Brady didn't play on Sunday :lol:
No word if he is 100% tonite.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
bigfan wrote:
Sunday morning Mike Francessa show, which is suppossed to be an NFL show and it's a Jets and Giants report. Why it is on the Score, I have no idea.

Phill was in a hospital bed after being shot as he breaking up an attempted robbery and kidnapping!
or his back was just out and Mike Francessa made it sound like the guy was a war hero for talking on the phone!!!

BigFan, the show you are referring with WFAN's Mike Francesa is called "NFL Now". Although it originates from the studios of WFAN SportsRadio in New York, I believe it's syndicated by Westwood One. (WFAN, WSCR 670 The SCORE & Westwood One happen to be units of CBS.) It replaced a Fantasy Football show that used to be hosted by "SuperFan Dan" the hour before the SCORE's own Bears' pregame during football season at 8a Sundays.

As for what happened to Phil Simms, CBS Sports' lead analyst was conspicously absent from the broadcast booth for a legit reason. He was hospitalized for a procedure to his back, which I believe was hurting. Dan Fouts, who normally works NFL/CBS games with Ian Eagle, sat in with Jim Nantz Sunday when the Oakland Raiders swept the season series from the San Diego Chargers at Qualcomm. Although Simms & Nantz are scheduled to work the Patriots/Bears' game Sunday on CBS at 3:15p, I wouldn't be shocked if Fouts is pressed into service again on the Lakefront.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
SHARK wrote:
bigfan wrote:

BigFan, the show you are referring with WFAN's Mike Francesa is called "NFL Now". Although it originates from the studios of WFAN SportsRadio in New York, I believe it's syndicated by Westwood One. (WFAN, WSCR 670 The SCORE & Westwood One happen to be units of CBS.) It replaced a Fantasy Football show that used to be hosted by "SuperFan Dan" the hour before the SCORE's own Bears' pregame during football season at 8a Sundays.

As for what happened to Phil Simms, CBS Sports' lead analyst was conspicously absent from the broadcast booth for a legit reason. He was hospitalized for a procedure to his back, which I believe was hurting. Dan Fouts, who normally works NFL/CBS games with Ian Eagle, sat in with Jim Nantz Sunday when the Oakland Raiders swept the season series from the San Diego Chargers at Qualcomm. Although Simms & Nantz are scheduled to work the Patriots/Bears' game Sunday on CBS at 3:15p, I wouldn't be shocked if Fouts is pressed into service again on the Lakefront.

That actually sounds pretty good. I like Fouts.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:32 pm 

Dan Fouts was a really good QB during his playing days with the late Don Coryell as head coach of the Chargers back in the early '80s. Moment of silence please for Coryell. Thank you. He was pretty good when he was on "Monday Night Football" as well, but Dennis Miller...not so much.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
Kellen Winslow was a really good tight end.

Chuck Muncie was a really good running back.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:42 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Dan Fouts was a really good QB during his playing days with the late Don Coryell as head coach of the Chargers back in the early '80s. Moment of silence please for Coryell. Thank you. He was pretty good when he was on "Monday Night Football" as well, but Dennis Miller...not so much.

What? The Fuck?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

How did he have time to host Soul Train and coach the Chargers?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:33 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
How did he have time to host Soul Train and coach the Chargers?

:lol: :lol: Don Cornelius hosted & executive produced "Soul Train", Frank. Cornelius is very much alive, but production of "Train" stopped chugging, if you will, about 2 years ago at Paramount Studios in Hollywood. Shemar Moore from "Criminal Minds" was the show's last host. You can find "Train" reruns on Centric, DIRECTV 330.

Don Coryell coached Dan Fouts in San Diego and was considered one of the premier innovators of the modern passing game some 3 decades ago before Coryell passed away earlier this year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
SHARK wrote:
As for what happened to Phil Simms, CBS Sports' lead analyst was conspicously absent from the broadcast booth for a legit reason. He was hospitalized for a procedure to his back, which I believe was hurting..

I'm gonna guess that you are correct SHARK...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
SHARK wrote:
Cornelius is very much alive, but production of "Train" stopped chugging, if you will, about 2 years ago at Paramount Studios in Hollywood.

And what if I won't SHARK.....what if I won't?

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:48 pm 

Phil McCracken wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Cornelius is very much alive, but production of "Train" stopped chugging, if you will, about 2 years ago at Paramount Studios in Hollywood.

Figure of speech, Phil...That's where "Soul Train" was taping until a couple years ago. Production did indeed cease, but Centric has the reruns and there's an infomercial with Smokey Robinson for a DVD collection that I thought I saw late one night...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
SHARK wrote:
Phil McCracken wrote:
SHARK wrote:

Figure of speech, Phil...That's where "Soul Train" was taping until a couple years ago. Production did indeed cease, but Centric has the reruns and there's an infomercial with Smokey Robinson for a DVD collection that I thought I saw late one night...

I am intrigued about this DVD collection....tell me more....

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:50 pm 

Time/Life put the DVD collection together as far as I know...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
SHARK wrote:
bigfan wrote:

I guess they need something to fill the hour, because it's on for about 2.5 to 3 hours. The main problem is what is on the radio is the one story for the league today, a taped interview with a coach and then Phil Simms. It's not a bad show, after the first hour, he goes around the league with a breakdown, then does a segment on college, then a 2 minute drill where people call in and ask about their teams, not just Jets and Giants, usually most of the teams get covered.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
SHARK wrote:
:lol: :lol: Don Cornelius hosted & executive produced "Soul Train", Frank. Cornelius is very much alive, but production of "Train" stopped chugging, if you will, about 2 years ago at Paramount Studios in Hollywood. Shemar Moore from "Criminal Minds" was the show's last host. You can find "Train" reruns on Centric, DIRECTV 330.....

Why did Cornelius leave Soul Train? So he could give his full attention to his Blackhawks anthem singing gig?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:49 pm 

a retard wrote:
SHARK wrote:
:lol: :lol: Don Cornelius hosted & executive produced "Soul Train", Frank. Cornelius is very much alive, but production of "Train" stopped chugging, if you will, about 2 years ago at Paramount Studios in Hollywood. Shemar Moore from "Criminal Minds" was the show's last host. You can find "Train" reruns on Centric, DIRECTV 330.....

Why did Cornelius leave Soul Train? So he could give his full attention to his Blackhawks anthem singing gig?

I think he wanted to concentrate on the behind-the-scenes stuff as executive producer and distributor of the long running music/dance show. As it turns out, Don Cornelius hosted the show from 1971 to 1993 before someone named Mystro Clark took over the hosting duties from 1997 to 1999. Shemar Moore, who was on "The Young and the Restless" and "Criminal Minds", hosted "Train" from 1999-2003 before Dorian Gregory from "Charmed" hosted from 2003 to its conclusion in 2006.

As for the singing gig with the Blackhawks, his name is Jim Cornelison.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:52 pm 

:roll: