It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:45 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
sinicalypse wrote:
This third caller hated on people who redeem lottery tickets in front of him in line...like how they hold up the whole damn line so they can redeem a $2 winning ticket and then use those winnings to buy more lottery tickets, which causes all kinds of pain and suffering as you have to stand and wait in line as a scratch-n-win junkie gets their fix.

RPB calling in?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:52 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
This third caller hated on people who redeem lottery tickets in front of him in line...like how they hold up the whole damn line so they can redeem a $2 winning ticket and then use those winnings to buy more lottery tickets, which causes all kinds of pain and suffering as you have to stand and wait in line as a scratch-n-win junkie gets their fix.

RPB calling in?

Oddly enough, I picked up the phone to call Larry last week when they were talking about the lottery and the guy who didnt get in his office pool.

I didnt have time to hold so I just hung up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:53 am 

While Krazy Ivan is never right, he isn't wrong that we should appreciate Sir's show as possibly the most entertaining radio on the air. I have been won over.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:14 am 

good dolphin wrote:
While Krazy Ivan is never right, he isn't wrong that we should appreciate Sir's show as possibly the most entertaining radio on the air. I have been won over.

Krazy Ivan?

Are you trying to hurt me?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Investigating
That was awesome sinicalypse. Read the whole thing. You nailed "the essence" right there. Some might say it was a little long, but to accurately portray Hater Wednesday's you have to go long. So many layers.

It's like mystery science theatreing people who are mystery science theatreing the people who mystery science theatre mystery science theatre, you know, it's like when you have two mirrors directly across from each other and when you look into one you end up seeing an infinite vortex to another world.

Infinite vortex indeed. Best writing on the board about the other side of SHAKE THATwithout being there. :salut:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
beni hanna wrote:
Best writing on the board about the other side of SHAKE THATwithout being there. :salut:

+1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
good stuff , well done :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:23 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
- Next is caller dewayne, who's hating on getting old, as he's soon to be turning 27. It is flagrantly obvious that this guy is either a) performing a bit or b) burrito for laurence and timid about admitting it, because when he was talking about something he slipped up on a terminology about balls or something that ended up being a burrito double entendre. somewhere after that "mis-step" he talked about strenuous physical activity and when he was done his knees hurt SOOOOO BAD and he hates turning old. Laurence fakes a HA HA and starts to make up some general shit about getting old, either completely blowing off the reference or being too good for it. this guy basically told laurence that he sucks so much dick that his knees hurt, and before laurence can be made a fool of BRENDAN MCCAFFERY, aka BALDY MCGRINDY, aka B-MAC chimes in and closes out the people's hour with WHAT WE WANT: score producer/host softball/basketball/athletics talk.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I LoLed at this paragraph for a while.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:20 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
There was so much great stuff in there, sini, but this just made me laugh the most for some reason -

sinicalypse wrote:
Laurence Holmes, day-to-day anarchist,

Nice job.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:23 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
rogers park bryan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Krazy Ivan?

Are you trying to hurt me?

You all best admit that you are joking before I go all LoBoyd on the lot of you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I'm not really into the whole feigned enthusiasm for Holmes shtick. Too many guys attempting to signify their coolness by "revealing" Holmes' lack of coolness. This thread reads a little like B&B sound when they bait and berate "meatballs" during their lowest-common-denominator radio shows.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:17 pm 

I honest-to-God love this show.

I'm listening to Monday night's People's Hour right now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:34 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
I'm not really into the whole feigned enthusiasm for Holmes shtick. Too many guys attempting to signify their coolness by "revealing" Holmes' lack of coolness. This thread reads a little like B&B sound when they bait and berate "meatballs" during their lowest-common-denominator radio shows.

I think youve misunderstood some people here.

I too honestly love Larry's show. Its laugh out loud funny.

Who cares whether were laughing with or at him?

Nothing feigned here. I said this months ago and its still true

Laurence Holmes has the best show in Chicago.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
rogers park bryan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

+1

Often times, the same sentence elicits both of those reactions from me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Northside_Dan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

+1

Often times, the same sentence elicits both of those reactions from me

I don't think I've misunderstood anyone. But then again, I also think there's a big difference between laughing at someone and laughing with him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:04 pm 

Well, im not sure what you mean then with the feigning.

I guess we like Laurence for different reasons than you like radio hosts.

I honestly try to catch the People's hour every night.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
:scratch: When did The Tall Midget = The Fun Police?

Is there a class or something I can take to make sure my thoughts and interests fall into proper categorization?

Wait, maybe he is still on the apple lunch diet. Somebody needs a honey1 visit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
This Sini post got me through the terribly boring last half hour of my day and was full of WIN but I really enjoyed whistler's origin story

sinicalypse wrote:
This poor unsuspecting gentleman had no idea of the world of pain he was on the verge of entering. I've heard off-the-air stories about Laurence having to punch out a pregnant mother because he had to wait for her to get a book of stamps at Walgreens. She suffered 6 fractures of her nose/face and had a collapsed lung, while the baby would grow up with mental retardation and a crushed larynx, therefore it only communicate via whistling, leading to a nickname of "whistler". With all that in mind, can you imagine what Laurence would do to a middleaged man there for CIGARETTES?! Let's just say that death would be preferable.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:06 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

I don't mean to be critical, because you are one of my favorite posters on this board, but I kind of think this ^^^^ is a stretch. Unless this is some long form, deep thought joke you're trying to make about Laurence having an unlivable handicap. There's definitely grammatical errors and minor spelling mistakes, but as a satirical humor piece, I found Sini's effort inspired. Do you specifically want him to tone down the racial stuff, or was it too long?

I've listened to Laurence since I moved back from FL in 2005. He's one of the more accessible hosts on the Score, yet he does carry a macho bravado about him. I understand and sympathize with this because he's had soooooooooooo many awkward moments with Dumbass post Sox/Cubs/Bulls/Bears game callers over the years I cut him some slack for not admittedly being a serial killer at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:22 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I may be showing my age, but it is like listening to Ed Tyll or Eddie Schwartz back in the glory days of The Loop.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:33 am 

Seems like a Who Ya Crappin' moment from Midget.

On the last few pages, he's quoting LoHo more than anybody not named after a quasi-sinus catastrophe.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:46 am 
1000 CLUB

I don't claim to like him. I think he's a jackass who felt/feels compelled to seek a career in communications because he needs to verbally suture together an identity that has been ruptured by his latent homosexuality.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:55 am 

DAMN! It was communications for that....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Midget. It's not an act for me. I love this show. I find it hilarious nearly every time I turn it on. I can't speak for everyone else but the laughing at as opposed to the laughing with thing isn't really important in regard to the level of entertainment I find with him. His personality is what makes the show....

So fuck off, kill joy... :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:05 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
I don't claim to like him. I think he's a jackass who felt/feels compelled to seek a career in communications because he needs to verbally suture together an identity that has been ruptured by his latent homosexuality.

Nice knowing you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:46 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
I think he's a jackass who felt/feels compelled to seek a career in communications because he needs to verbally suture together an identity that has been ruptured by his latent homosexuality.
That's the same reason I started posting here.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:37 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

:lol:

Touche'

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:52 am 
Thank God for White Sox baseball so I don't have to listen to this unfunny, danny b butt-kissing, wanna be playa midget who acts ghetto but would piss his pants if he hung out on the west side.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Any time I happen to catch any of Holmes with Baker, it's always funny to hear Baker being asked what will be on the news later that night. I get that it's a cross-promotion, but Baker has 2 or 3 minutes on the telecast, and he's going to show highlights of whatever is happening locally that day/night. He doesn't have time to introduce much else. Again, I get that the point of the segment is to promote watching the the news at 10, but does anyone actually wonder in anticipation of what will be on the air that night?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
BD wrote:
Any time I happen to catch any of Holmes with Baker, it's always funny to hear Baker being asked what will be on the news later that night. I get that it's a cross-promotion, but Baker has 2 or 3 minutes on the telecast, and he's going to show highlights of whatever is happening locally that day/night. He doesn't have time to introduce much else. Again, I get that the point of the segment is to promote watching the the news at 10, but does anyone actually wonder in anticipation of what will be on the air that night?

No. And nobody watches CBS news either.

But I love the segment. Baker come off like a douche most of the time...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next