It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Monday, April 9...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
WarriorDon wrote:
Mac,

Really? 50 is the back nine.

Holy shit Batman!

I'm 57, am I putting my clubs in my car and headed to the 19th hole?

:lol:

Of course 50 is the back nine. Rarely do people live past 90. Don't be afraid to stare Death in the face. Just tell him, "Get out of my way, I need to sink this putt."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
I understand Mac wanting and getting a good amount of vacation time. It's the guy on the front nine who takes a greater amount of time off that strikes me as odd.

MeatPants is 40 years old, it isn't like he is fresh out of the Illinois Center for Broadcasting or whatever.

Dudes got some miles on him, only 10 years shy of Mac, let us be real now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Saying that radio hosts only work during the hours they're on the air is like saying teachers only work during the hours they're teaching a class.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:
xstyle, I won't dispute that gratitude (along with perspective) has been elusive for me for some time. Point taken. As for the rest of your content... I will make no apologies for negotiating a deal that affords me more time off than the "average" American worker. As you said, I'm 50 years old. On the back nine of life, I'm going to enjoy as much time away from work as I can. And while what I do is a hell of a lot easier than shoveling coal in a blast furnace in a steel mill, I suggest you grab a pair of headsets and give it a whirl. Then tell me how your "four hour work day" is going for you.

What a crock of shit.
Little wonder people think you are just plain lazy on the job.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Score is doomed wrote:
Mac wrote:
xstyle, I won't dispute that gratitude (along with perspective) has been elusive for me for some time. Point taken. As for the rest of your content... I will make no apologies for negotiating a deal that affords me more time off than the "average" American worker. As you said, I'm 50 years old. On the back nine of life, I'm going to enjoy as much time away from work as I can. And while what I do is a hell of a lot easier than shoveling coal in a blast furnace in a steel mill, I suggest you grab a pair of headsets and give it a whirl. Then tell me how your "four hour work day" is going for you.

What a crock of shit.

wow, you really are a piece of shit, aren't you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:
Mac wrote:

What a crock of shit.

Truth, nothing more nothing less.

Now go cry somewhere else Franky.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:11 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:
Mac wrote:

What a crock of shit.

this september SID is celebrating his 7 year anniversary of posting about how much he hates mac. it's a long standing tradition. one day he will admit to himself that he has undying love for him and that's why he's had this obsession for so long.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Xstyle= not a mult

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:35 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Xstyle= not a mult

And neither was John Cocktoasten, yet here we are.

Just another poster with hopes, dreams and a gritty work ethic....smashed under the crushing weight of BigFan's hammer!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
whatever's going on, apparently insomnia is a side effect.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:50 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Saying that radio hosts only work during the hours they're on the air is like saying teachers only work during the hours they're teaching a class.

Unless you are talking about a show that proudly never has meetings.

How many hours do B and B work?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:57 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I've heard rumors that there have been hosts that rolled in from a night on the Gibson's/Jilly's circuit still half in the bag and just started reading stuff out of the newspaper.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:02 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I've heard rumors that there have been hosts that rolled in from a night on the Gibson's/Jilly's circuit still half in the bag and just started reading stuff out of the newspaper.

Dahl does that every day doesnt he?

Really though, maybe Berns gets there early but when does Terry's day begin?

When does he logon? Like 1230?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:02 am 

If anyone heard Hood on Bulls postgame yesterday, you know he rolled off of Bourbon street right into the studio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:51 pm 

What a hero. Can only imagine how hard of a life he's had cranking out those four hours of radio (plus/minus couple of hours of ass-grabbing pre/post show meetings). I recently served meals to homeless veterans, and thanked them for the efforts....wish I had read Dan's post first.

Seriously, what the hell? How absolutely full of yourself do you have to be to post to a board, you claim to not like, while you've been on "leave"....posting once to say that he'll eventually let everyone in on "why" you've been gone. The second one was to let everyone know that he'd be back on a certain day, but that he won't reveal the reason(s) for his absence until the rest of the "world" also gets to hear. What a mench.

Keep in mind all of this guy's posts appear as their own thread. He can't just post within a thread. Nope, ego-maniac needs his own threads. Doesn't want his post/new thread commitment to excellence to dip below 1.00.

I'm sure his absence will be as epic as Larry's amazing battle....and all 15 fans on this board will find out the same time as the offices who forgot to turn off Mully and Hanley.

Keep it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:58 pm 

Harry Seaward wrote:
Keep in mind all of this guy's posts appear as their own thread. He can't just post within a thread. Nope, ego-maniac needs his own threads. Doesn't want his post/new thread commitment to excellence to dip below 1.00.

You are the guy that has to start a brand new thread to bitch about B&B instead of doing it in the daily threads.

Take your head and place it inside of the nearest oven, close the door and turn on self cleaning mode, and then ask yourself who are you crapping, asswipe.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I do not doubt they dont have meetings, but Matty is often doing creative things for that show. This is exactly what Mac's show needs and what I feel Mac expected from someone in his team. Nobody specific, but it is there for the taking

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:52 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
OH MY GOTINHIMMEL IT'S ONLY DAYS AWAY WHAT COULD IT HAVE BEENS!?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:05 am 

So yet again my insightful and concise writing generates a Mac reply. Not the first time yet still an honor. Very revealing comments many in this board wanted to read from him.

Mac your comments on gratitude and perspective I find enlightening and thank you. This is all I ever wanted to read; your being honest about those issues and your wanting too enjoy life more. Heard. Understood. I'm also on that back nine, born only one month later than you in ‘61. As a manager in my profession I’m still doing the 55 hr work week thing as I have for 25+ years. I couldn’t don that headset and do what you do any more than you could do what I do, and why should you.

Honesty is all I look for. I will enjoy your honesty this coming Monday. Many of us 50+ guys still like our jobs and can make it into work, own it and enjot it just a little bit more consistently than others. Give it a thought.

Also I seem to take hits when I post. Ok that goes with it but who among you, other then me got Dan to come out and reveal himself somewhat? All you guys with 4 an 5 digit posting numbers don’t move the needle a bit. I post to this board maybe 5-8 times a year and I mean what I say and draw major response. Did I read BigFan had a negative thought on me? I did not read Mcneil replying to any of his comments, and he runs this damn board.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:12 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Xstyle,
So congrats on having a big name respond to you. That and 75 cents will get you the Sun-Times.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:53 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
xstyle wrote:
So yet again my insightful and concise writing generates a Mac reply. Not the first time yet still an honor. Very revealing comments many in this board wanted to read from him.

Mac your comments on gratitude and perspective I find enlightening and thank you. This is all I ever wanted to read; your being honest about those issues and your wanting too enjoy life more. Heard. Understood. I'm also on that back nine, born only one month later than you in ‘61. As a manager in my profession I’m still doing the 55 hr work week thing as I have for 25+ years. I couldn’t don that headset and do what you do any more than you could do what I do, and why should you.

Honesty is all I look for. I will enjoy your honesty this coming Monday. Many of us 50+ guys still like our jobs and can make it into work, own it and enjot it just a little bit more consistently than others. Give it a thought.

Also I seem to take hits when I post. Ok that goes with it but who among you, other then me got Dan to come out and reveal himself somewhat? All you guys with 4 an 5 digit posting numbers don’t move the needle a bit. I post to this board maybe 5-8 times a year and I mean what I say and draw major response. Did I read BigFan had a negative thought on me? I did not read Mcneil replying to any of his comments, and he runs this damn board.

One response is "major response"? You probably meant that this is the first time that another board member has responded to you, right?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:14 am 

:lol:

Gotta love Pasta and Scorehead hazing new posters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:23 am 

A new poster that has been here since 2006.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:25 am 

RFDC wrote:

Long time lurker, or it's FreeAjent or it's JohnCockstoasten rising from the ashes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:32 am 

RFDC wrote:

Youre new til you get to 100 posts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:33 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I am on the Harry Seaward hate gang. What a dickhead. I never say that about anyone.
You deserve it Harry . :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:35 am 

T-Bone wrote:
I am on the Harry Seaward hate gang. What a dickhead. I never say that about anyone.

I like HS's rants, more timely and topical when compared to SID or Gloopan.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:42 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Yeah he likes to stir shit, a little like you. I am just too nice I guess. If you meet me in
person you would understand. No sweat. Carry on....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:02 am 

T-Bone wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Yeah he likes to stir shit, a little like you. I am just too nice I guess. If you meet me in
person you would understand. No sweat. Carry on....

"Like You", come on, T-Bone what are you getting at here? Just kidding.

Anyways, I gotcha.

Happy Thursday, everyone!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:21 am 

:mrgreen: :alien: Think I may go home early to watch Masters.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next