It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
spanky wrote:
spmack wrote:
Check out the comments section of this blog.

http://blogs.ajc.com/radio-tv-talk/2012 ... t-24/?cp=1

I completely missed all of these the first time. :lol:

:lol:

Quote:
Rogers Park Bryan

October 11th, 2012
3:39 pm

Jason Goff was ok at first, then he got full of himself. Let’s hope he doesn’t mess up this opportunity. If he continues to work at his craft, he might be as good as Laurence Holmes one day.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
spmack wrote:
spanky wrote:
spmack wrote:
Check out the comments section of this blog.

http://blogs.ajc.com/radio-tv-talk/2012 ... t-24/?cp=1

I completely missed all of these the first time. :lol:

Quote:
Rogers Park Bryan

October 11th, 2012
3:39 pm

Jason Goff was ok at first, then he got full of himself. Let’s hope he doesn’t mess up this opportunity. If he continues to work at his craft, he might be as good as Laurence Holmes one day.

I hope Goff is better than Holmes at his new radio home...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Seacrest wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
On a personal and professional level, Jason is about as real as it gets. Straight up to your face, no matter what and NEVER behind your back. In an industry full of low self esteem personalities, dangerous is one word that you could use to describe that type of person.

Whether you agree with him or not, Goff is one of the the things that is right about the industry.

badrogue17 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
One of "ours" made it, friends

Congrats to Jason

You should tweet that out to him.

(if you miss the reference, seacrest, RPB famously got blocked by goff on twitter for daring to disagree with him. i too have been blocked for pointing out his transparent attempts to cultivate an ALS via selective RTs and the blocking..... my concept was that he was better than that and should transcend, but well, he had/has his career in mind, no doubt)

I don't know anything about twitter.

Is Goff the only person that ever blocked RPB?

hell no. check it out.... but be warned, this feed is way more "dangerous" than goff >> https://twitter.com/BLeonard99

basically, while jason is regarded as some sort of a folk hero for his roast appearance and his tendency to "go there" with racial issues...... i don't think he's some sort of "dangerous" on the radio.... why in fact i once wrote on here in a long rambling post that quickly turned into a referendum on me that goff was the score's "ultraback" in that he could be anything that the station needed him to be in a pinch (black, white, belieze/exotic, innercity, suburban, oldschool, newschool, etc) and it was all a bit disingenuous. he's a good solid well rounded radio guy who just happens to try and play his "uniqueness" to all kinds of demos whenever it fits cuz the guy obviously wants to be a talk radio host for a living.

also, if you ever see his instagram photo feed i think the concept of him being "dangerous" is automatically invalidated. that's not his game..... he wants to make it big. check out the mugging-based vanity.

don't get me wrong.... i hardly dislike the goff's radio work and as he continues to grow and get away from the lessons he learned by reading "sports talk radio show hosting for dummies" and ventures farther out than being the obligatory "OMFG I'MMA PLAY CHRISTMAS IN HOLLIS BECAUSE I'M THE ONLY GUY ON THIS STATION WHO WILL PLAY CHRISTMAS IN HOLLIS BECAUSE I'M BLACK Y'ALL (when everyone knows that santa's rap by the treacherous three is a much better/older song) he will get better cuz like... my whole point with the ultraback thing and calling out his ALS attempts is like... he's a genuinely solid dude who can and should be better than having to resort to lower/lowest common denominator tactics to get over with the audience as much as he can.... but hey, quoteth walter sobchak i'm a fucking amateur so what do i know?

so hey, hopefully he can go down there and handle his business and have a nice life..... but it's kind of amazing to see the outpouring of OMFG NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 up here..... i mean holy shit..... really? the writing was on the wall when he stopped getting fill-in/weekend gigs... god bless and good night.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
:shock:
Guessing I don't want to piss off rpb :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:55 pm 

also, in the spirit of screeching weasel's LP from 1994 "how to make enemies and irritate people" (which would turn out to be quite prophetic for ben weasel) lemme say it just so it's on record in the annals of internet history:

run dmc is completely overrated. they were popular and they got a lot of airplay and all that.... but there's nothing that great about them. i think the only vinyl i was ever like !!! "i gotta get this" was the down with the king 12" but, per usual, that's mainly cuz of the beat and the hook and that's the whole point.... in terms of legendary rap crews, they're not even in the ballpark with the aforementioned treacherous three. i mean even if you count the fact that this song is ~4-5mins too long especially when viewed in the prism of pop music, well, you pretty much just have to accept that most people <3 run dmc cuz it was on the radio nonstop in the prime of their life..... a self-fulfilling prophecy really.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:56 pm 

I wonder if there's a chance that Goff goes national at some point. As many should know by now, CBS Sports Radio Network starts up its sports talk programming in January. Could Goff's new show down there possibly lead into "On the Bench with Scott Ferrall" on the new network? You just never know...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:20 pm 

SHARK wrote:
I wonder if there's a chance that Goff goes national at some point. As many should know by now, CBS Sports Radio Network starts up its sports talk programming in January. Could Goff's new show down there possibly lead into "On the Bench with Scott Ferrall" on the new network? You just never know...

yeah this guy is clearly national radio material...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:37 pm 

I love it when people can be honest wrote:
SHARK
October 11th, 2012
3:52 pm

Congratulations Atlanta. The former DAVE-FM is now becoming an all-sports station and you are getting a great talent. The “Dusty Baker looking” Jason Goff is going to be the new evening host on the “JACK-FM looking” 92.9. The Game (not the BET show of the same name that was originally on the now deceased UPN as well as the Warner Brothers owned CW starring the “Tamara Mowry looking” Tia Mowry) will start airing on October 24, which is also when Hater Wednesday airs locally on WSCR and nationally on 670theScore.com with Laurence “Don’t Call Me Larry. Or Lawrence. Or LoHo.” Holmes.

for the record, i lost it at the tamara mowry looking tia mowry..... that's inspired posting right there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:39 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
SHARK
October 11th, 2012

Congratulations Atlanta. The former DAVE-FM is now becoming an all-sports station and you are getting a great talent. The “Dusty Baker looking” Jason Goff is going to be the new evening host on the “JACK-FM looking” 92.9. The Game (not the BET show of the same name that was originally on the now deceased UPN as well as the Warner Brothers owned CW starring the “Tamara Mowry looking” Tia Mowry) will start airing on October 24, which is also when Hater Wednesday airs locally on WSCR and nationally on 670theScore.com with Laurence “Don’t Call Me Larry. Or Lawrence. Or LoHo.” Holmes.

for the record, i lost it at the tamara mowry looking tia mowry..... that's inspired posting right there.

Who wrote that?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:59 pm 

Steve "The Brand" Elmhurst
October 11th, 2012
4:47 pm

I really think that a new station like this one will be successful if it can get enough listeners. When a station gets a lot of listeners they usually get more sponsorship money. So it will be very important for this station to have a lot of listeners, cause that’s what it will take for it to be successful.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
:lol: :lol: :lol:

bigfan

October 11th, 2012
5:07 pm
Just a reminder to make things clear:

Any member of the Chicago Sports Fan Messageboard who speaks ill of a fellow CSFMB boardmember in this forum risks punishment in the form of a banning from score670.com.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:19 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
My first instinct is to suspect that anyone who re-posts a comment here is the author of said comment there.

You read this, camps?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:22 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
SHARK
October 11th, 2012

:lol: That's pretty good.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
spmack wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
SHARK
October 11th, 2012

:lol: That's pretty good.

Doing SHARK is easy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:16 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
From what I can tell, Jason will be teaming up with The 2 Live Stews as soon as their non compete clause is over in a few months.

Additionally, the channel is going in hard, (if you'll pardon the expression) for mostly an NBA and NFL type of format.

So will Jason be in the afternoons with Stews?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
UPDATED on that article Spmack referenced...

6 to 10 p.m.

UPDATED: Jason Goff from Chicago’s 670/The Score will be part of the evening team.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:21 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
No Goff is gonna suck.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:21 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Doing SHARK is easy.

Too easy...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:41 pm 

You know, the least the CBS Atlanta radio conglomerate could do is mention our guy coming out of Chicago. Bastards didn't get to the 6 - 10 PM slot.

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2012/10/11/ ... t-line-up/

SportsRadio 92-9 “The Game” Goes Live October 24th With Prominent Line-Up
CBS RADIO’s SportsRadio 92-9 “The Game” announced today it will launch on FM on Wednesday, Oct. 24 at 2:00 p.m. with a distinctive line-up of programming, featuring former professional athletes, along with experienced broadcasters and radio personalities. The station will be heard on-air, online at www.929thegame.com and via the Radio.com app for a variety of mobile devices.

In addition to the station’s regular coverage of professional, college, high school and youth team sports, 92-9 The Game will broadcast select NFL and NBA contests, as well as serve as the home station covering the Georgia High School Association football playoffs and Championship at the Georgia Dome.

The weekday broadcast schedule for Atlanta’s newest sports radio station is as follows:

6:00-10:00 a.m.: Rick Kamla, Randy Cross and CJ Simpson – NBA-TV host Rick Kamla, along with three-time Super Bowl champion and CBS Sports analyst Randy Cross and former Atlanta radio host CJ Simpson anchor the station’s line-up, and will kick-off morning drive with a smart and entertaining program.

10:00 a.m.-2:00p.m.: Jerome Jurenovich and Jamie Dukes – Jerome Jurenovich, familiar to fans of the Atlanta Hawks and Atlanta Braves pre- and post-game shows, is teamed with Jamie Dukes, the former NFL offensive lineman that called Atlanta home for roughly seven years while playing for the Falcons.

2:00-6:00 p.m.: Carl Dukes, Kordell Stewart and Rachael Baribeau – Experienced sports radio broadcaster Carl Dukes and Kordell Stewart, best known for his time with the Pittsburgh Steelers and named one of the most versatile men in NFL history by the NFL Network will discuss the day’s trending stories and preview the night’s upcoming matchups with Rachael Baribeau, radio host, reporter and anchor.

“We are pleased to have developed a roster of personalities who can really challenge and engage local sports fans and excite listeners beginning on day one,” said Terry Foxx, Program Director of 92-9 The Game. “This is an extremely dynamic and passionate team of people who undoubtedly will let their opinions be known while expressing their unique personalities.”

Added Rick Caffey, Senior Vice President and Market Manager, CBS RADIO Atlanta, “Whether you’re a die-hard professional sports fan, a devoted follower of college athletics, or just interested in keeping your Fantasy roster up to date, 92-9 The Game will be the station to turn to for all things sports related. We look forward to making our debut and working with our local partners, and the other CBS RADIO properties to grow our audience and make an impact in the community.”

CBS RADIO is the leading broadcaster of local sports radio and home to top-rated stations in New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston and Detroit, among others. Atlanta is the company’s 10th station to launch on FM. CBS RADIO, one of the largest major-market radio operators in the United States, operates 126 radio stations, the majority of which are in the nation’s top 50 markets, including all of the Top 10.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:11 pm 

We get our props when Jason and Mac host tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:59 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Spiegs will give us our props.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:03 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
If Goff got a nightly show then good for him. I thought it was just a weekend show originally. Best of luck to him. I can't see why they just couldn't team him up with Larry at 6PM.

I like Jason far too much to see that happen to him.

Forget the shotgun blast sound byte, I think he would wanted to have taken a real shotgun to Larry after the 17th comic book reference in a 3 hour show.....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:22 am 

pizza_Place: Maciano's
I hope those Rebs down in Atlanta welcome a carpetbagger from Chicago.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Quote:
Chaspopcapp

October 11th, 2012
12:04 pm

I will only listen to this station 3/5th’s of the time.

:lol: :lol:

Man you guys are assholes.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:01 am 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Quote:
Chaspopcapp

October 11th, 2012

Sorry for being aloof on this particular meme (I thought we had a thread for meme-tracking?), but what exactly is the "3/5" reference. Is it 3 out of 5 fingers stuffed up a bum?

I believe it's in regards to Chaspopshot's post about minorities votes shouldn't count as a whole vote. And this new station is going to have a lot of minorities. Someone on there made a joke saying "if I wanted to hear black people argue about sports all day, I'd just watch Coming to America or something"...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Q.Bovifs wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Quote:
Chaspopcapp

October 11th, 2012

Sorry for being aloof on this particular meme (I thought we had a thread for meme-tracking?), but what exactly is the "3/5" reference. Is it 3 out of 5 fingers stuffed up a bum?

One of the most shameful moments in our country's history is legally declaring a free black person to only count as 3/5th a person, a "compromise" between the North and the South regarding the electoral college. I'm pretty sure the post is referencing this while implying that chas holds backwards views of minorities.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:14 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
spmack wrote:
Someone on there made a joke saying "if I wanted to hear black people argue about sports all day, I'd just watch Coming to America or something"...
Yeah, that one was far from your best work, Sphinxxx. :roll:

So I assume you were "The Real Panther Pisla?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Not sure if this was mentioned, but it looks like Jason's co-host is Rick Kamla from NBA network.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I thought he was doing mornings with Randy Cross and Orangey.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:58 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
I thought he was doing mornings with Randy Cross and Orangey.

According to the Rodney Ho guy, yes.

And did anyone see when he (I presume) posted in comment section, saying something like "Why are there so many comments about Jason Goff?" :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next