It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 5/23 Goff is still salty
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

Say Bruh Metrics
Say Bruh Metrics
@Jason1Goff
If you're against racial injustice and police brutality, then you're ok with the NFL protests. Pretty simple. Now time for me to listen to men who are 6 times less likely to be affected by either talk about it.
1:20 PM · May 23, 2018

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
FavreFan wrote:

Say Bruh Metrics
Say Bruh Metrics
@Jason1Goff
If you're against racial injustice and police brutality, then you're ok with the NFL protests. Pretty simple. Now time for me to listen to men who are 6 times less likely to be affected by either talk about it.

Fighting the good fight. It's not binary. Most of us are dead set against police brutality and racial injustice. But with that presumably large group, MANY feel protesting during the anthem is bad form.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
So the best metric to host a show is if you are likely to face police brutality. Let's fine the best hosts on the cell block!

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
goff hate listening! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
denisdman wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Say Bruh Metrics
Say Bruh Metrics
@Jason1Goff

Fighting the good fight. It's not binary. Most of us are dead set against police brutality and racial injustice. But with that presumably large group, MANY feel protesting during the anthem is bad form.

MANY feel protesting before the anthem is played is bad form. MANY seem to feel protesting at all is bad form.

FavreFan wrote:

Say Bruh Metrics
Say Bruh Metrics
@Jason1Goff

Discussions that start with if you’re this , that makes you ________ usually end well.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Quote:
Say Bruh Metrics
Say Bruh Metrics
@Jason1Goff
Great Show Today.
6:02 PM · May 23, 2018

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Parkins: I know people are sick of the anthem talk, but I just have to say...

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
ZephMarshack wrote:
denisdman wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Say Bruh Metrics
Say Bruh Metrics
@Jason1Goff

MANY feel protesting before the anthem is played is bad form. MANY seem to feel protesting at all is bad form.

Well, those are folks against the American ideal. And we have plenty of folks on both sides that like to muzzle speech with which they disagree.

Personally, I just think the people protesting during the anthem are turning off more people than they are inspiring. But at least they are getting people to talk about their cause, so there's that.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
FavreFan wrote:

Say Bruh Metrics
Say Bruh Metrics
@Jason1Goff

You were listening. Great show today.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
already burnt all the bridges might as well burn the row boats too.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
FavreFan wrote:

Say Bruh Metrics
Say Bruh Metrics
@Jason1Goff

Jason- You can always choose not to listen. Just like many of us did to your abomination of a show which is why you're on Twitter and not the air waves.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Are we sure that, if we assume an interaction with a police officer, that whites are less likely to be victimized by unwarranted police violence than black people?

The aggregate statistics make Goff's statement true, and proceeding from that point of fact, I think it is prudent to then explore how likely white people are to interact with police officers relative to black people doing the same. I remember a study that tried to approximate "police interaction rates" using police reports, but not all interactions with police generate a report, in fact I'm willing to bet that most interactions, regardless of race, do not wind up documented in reports.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:49 pm 

DAC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Say Bruh Metrics
Say Bruh Metrics
@Jason1Goff

Jason- You can always choose not to listen. Just like many of us did to your abomination of a show which is why you're on Twitter and not the air waves.

FAKE NEWS . He has tons of offers coming n . Just ask him.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Hatchetman wrote:
already burnt all the bridges might as well burn the row boats too.

At this point is there any reason Goff should not be a regular poster at the good ol CFMB?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:53 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
ZephMarshack wrote:
denisdman wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Say Bruh Metrics
Say Bruh Metrics
@Jason1Goff

Really? Where is your evidence of that?

Personally, I don't give a fuck if they kneel during the anthem or wipe their asses with the American flag on TV, but what Goff says is simply wrong. A person can very well be against racial injustice/police brutality and against kneeling during the anthem at the same time. That isn't really difficult to understand.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Are we sure that, if we assume an interaction with a police officer, that whites are less likely to be victimized by unwarranted police violence than black people?

The aggregate statistics make Goff's statement true, and proceeding from that point of fact, I think it is prudent to then explore how likely white people are to interact with police officers relative to black people doing the same. I remember a study that tried to approximate "police interaction rates" using police reports, but not all interactions with police generate a report, in fact I'm willing to bet that most interactions, regardless of race, do not wind up documented in reports.

I believe this is the chart you are looking for.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:58 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
denisdman wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Say Bruh Metrics
Say Bruh Metrics
@Jason1Goff

Personally, I don't give a fuck if they kneel during the anthem or wipe their asses with the American flag on TV, but what Goff says is simply wrong. A person can very well be against racial injustice/police brutality and against kneeling during the anthem at the same time. That isn't really difficult to understand.

The fact that players and teams who purposefully knelt only before the anthem were still widely booed indicates to me that for MANY this has never been strictly about respect during the anthem but the audacity to express any kind of opinion at all.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Well this show thread is off to a rolling start

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:02 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I know what moves meters around here.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
FavreFan wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I know what moves meters around here.

and that meter has moved, but souls weren't

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

ZephMarshack wrote:
The fact that players and teams who purposefully knelt only before the anthem were still widely booed indicates to me that for MANY this has never been strictly about respect during the anthem but the audacity to express any kind of opinion at all.
So your evidence is a few boos that you arbitrarily hear thru your TV?

I hope you realize that it is least plausible- if not likely- that some of those boos are directed at the player(s) simply because he is not wearing the uniform of the home team.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:07 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
So your evidence is a few boos that you arbitrarily hear thru your TV? It is also possible that some of those boos are directed at the player(s) simply because he is not wearing the uniform of the home team.

The Ravens, Jaguars, and Cowboys were all widely booed by their home fans when they took knees before the anthem. This wasn't just my subjective opinion, it was widely reported on. But you're right, maybe it was the visiting fans booing them!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

Then based on what you said earlier, you believe that everybody who booed in Jacksonville, Baltimore, and Dallas is against any protest at all at any time or any where.

Nobody is gonna buy that, so don't try selling it.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:09 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
TIL saying "black people constitute a higher percentage of the prison population than the at-large population because they commit more crimes" is a bigoted statement.

Are you open to the possibility that it may be a little more complex than that?

The statement isn't concerned with the "why" of the criminal behavior. Unless you are prepared to argue that there are a HUGE amount of false convictions, the statement is true and is not in need of further context.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:11 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
denisdman wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Say Bruh Metrics
Say Bruh Metrics
@Jason1Goff

Agreed. It would be like saying if you think Jane Fonda spitting in veterans faces was wrong, you support the Vietnam war.

There are definitely people that think protesting of any kind is wrong. A guy I work with calls em "troublemakers"

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:13 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Then based on what you said earlier, you believe that everybody who booed in Jacksonville, Baltimore, and Dallas is against any protest at all at any time or any where.

Nobody is gonna buy that, so don't try selling it.

My view of their being against a protest any time anywhere wasn't entirely derived from that, but I think it's definitely circumstantial evidence IMO. And of course it's direct evidence that this wasn't strictly about the flag or anthem for MANY of the booers.

I'll happily amend my statement though and say the people who booed even when those players did end up standing for the anthem are not opposed to all protests, but only those that they happen to be exposed to. They're likely totally in favor of all protests that are totally out of sight and out of mind.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
rogers park bryan wrote:

rogers park bryan wrote:
TIL saying "black people constitute a higher percentage of the prison population than the at-large population because they commit more crimes" is a bigoted statement.

Are you open to the possibility that it may be a little more complex than that?

The statement isn't concerned with the "why" of the criminal behavior. Unless you are prepared to argue that there are a HUGE amount of false convictions, the statement is true and is not in need of further context.

What exactly do you think is the logical inconsistency here?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

ZephMarshack wrote:
And of course it's direct evidence that this wasn't strictly about the flag or anthem for MANY of the booers.
You don't know this to be true.

ZephMarshack wrote:
They're likely totally in favor of all protests that are totally out of sight and out of mind.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:27 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
And of course it's direct evidence that this wasn't strictly about the flag or anthem for MANY of the booers.
What reason is there to boo the players who are totally respecting the flag and anthem according to the standards of those who talk the most about disrespect for the flag and anthem?

Quote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
They're likely totally in favor of all protests that are totally out of sight and out of mind.
Agreed, I don't know if they're opposed to all protests in general or just the ones they happen to see. You didn't seem to care for the former takeaway.