It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:40 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Sad to hear Nas has to step back. The board should be ashamed. And if FF and DS are indeed gone, then this is a big indictment of this place. I have met all three, and they bring unique perspectives to the board. At least Nas is still posting. Oh well.

Why must you always do this?

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:45 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
rogers park bryan wrote:
But it used to be absolutely zero. Those types of posts wouldnt last more than a few hours and sometimes they were gone in minutes.

That's not really my recollection of things. This is not a criticism of bigfan because I know what a pain in the ass it is to get whiny PMs or to log in to a bunch of red exclamation points. But I remember the policing of the board to be pretty arbitrary and inconsistent. In fact- and Nas can correct me if I'm wrong- Nas's issue with the way bigfan moderated was not that there were racist posts on the board but that some stuff was left and some was deleted. That gives the impression at least that the stuff that is left is somehow condoned or supported.

We didn't want to deal with that. We're not here 24/7 examining every single post. As Nas points out, this isn't a moneymaker. It's a labor of love. So we have stayed pretty hands off for the most part, with exceptions for things that MOST would consider truly egregious. I mean, we had a guy here who parroted Richard Spencer's talking points. That isn't wanted or needed. He can practice that "free speech" on Discord.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
He can practice that "free speech" on Discord.

*JASON GOFF VOICE* THERE IT IS!

I knew you'd start publicly shitting on the best place for live game chat around. Come on boss man, why don't you use "DisKKKord" like you do elsewhere?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

denisdman wrote:
And if FF and DS are indeed gone, then this is a big indictment of this place.

I disagree with that. I hope both will continue to frequent CFMB, but no one here can force anyone else to post.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:51 pm 
Site Admin

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I knew you'd start publicly shitting on the best place for live game chat around. Come on boss man, why don't you use "DisKKKord" like you do elsewhere?

I don't know too much about DisKKKord, but it sounds like the shoe fits.

You don't seem to like it here very much. That isn't a problem.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Sorry you must be too much of a luddite to figure out how to get it running. Maybe a nice or nephew can show you how to download apps.

Or is it your never ending need for absolute control? Nas posted in the Discord. His speech was never infringed on or curtailed.

Which is it? Are you scared or confused?

We are open to all discussion. No censorhip. I have a light hand at moderating the chat. A deft hand. You could learn something.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:06 pm 
Site Admin

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Sorry you must be too much of a luddite to figure out how to get it running. Maybe a nice or nephew can show you how to download apps.

Or is it your never ending need for absolute control? Nas posted in the Discord. His speech was never infringed on or curtailed.

Which is it? Are you scared or confused?

We are open to all discussion. No censorhip. I have a light hand at moderating the chat. A deft hand. You could learn something.

Yep. I can barely figure out how to turn on a computer.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:15 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
But it used to be absolutely zero. Those types of posts wouldnt last more than a few hours and sometimes they were gone in minutes.

That's not really my recollection of things. This is not a criticism of bigfan because I know what a pain in the ass it is to get whiny PMs or to log in to a bunch of red exclamation points. But I remember the policing of the board to be pretty arbitrary and inconsistent. In fact- and Nas can correct me if I'm wrong- Nas's issue with the way bigfan moderated was not that there were racist posts on the board but that some stuff was left and some was deleted. That gives the impression at least that the stuff that is left is somehow condoned or supported.

We didn't want to deal with that. We're not here 24/7 examining every single post. As Nas points out, this isn't a moneymaker. It's a labor of love. So we have stayed pretty hands off for the most part, with exceptions for things that MOST would consider truly egregious. I mean, we had a guy here who parroted Richard Spencer's talking points. That isn't wanted or needed. He can practice that "free speech" on Discord.

It's not even really about the moderators. A lot of stuff never even got to the Bigfan level because when someone posted something racist or bigoted the regular posters pounced and said "don't post that shit here"

And some call that censorship or bullying.

In my opinion, that line for what's "not cool" has been moving.

I don't think its board thing. I think its the whole internet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Nas has done alright by me. He brang sexyback to the board, too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
tommy wrote:

+1. Nas is okay in my book.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:26 pm 

pizza_Place: *
Godfella wrote:
tommy wrote:

+2 One of the good ones

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Free Ajent wrote:
Godfella wrote:
tommy wrote:

+2 One of the good ones

That makes one of you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:30 pm 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

It's not even really about the moderators. A lot of stuff never even got to the Bigfan level because when someone posted something racist or bigoted the regular posters pounced and said "don't post that shit here"

I don't think so. We talked about that a little the other day. I would say that it's really just the opposite. Anything that is less than politically correct will get a person shamed or "called out".

But now that I'm thinking about it, there's an obvious line between the known and the anonymous. An anonymous person can say anything he wants. There's no way to shame him. I guess that's why I found the whole thing with The Hawk so silly and believed he was telling the truth all along. Why would an anonymous guy get that worked up over honor that wasn't real?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:42 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
leashyourkids wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Sad to hear Nas has to step back. The board should be ashamed. And if FF and DS are indeed gone, then this is a big indictment of this place. I have met all three, and they bring unique perspectives to the board. At least Nas is still posting. Oh well.

Why must you always do this?

It’s his thing. Probably should just be his sig. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:48 pm 

I like this board and want it to continue.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:48 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

2016 happened Bryan. No one can honestly deny the mob mentality around here after the last election. Then sides were drawn and people let it all out at each other. It’s been a pretty strange era but I think it has to do with that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
veganfan21 wrote:
Tell me this: if two or more posters engage in the most awful and tedious back and forth arguments for 45 pages with no end in sight, how is that the moderators' fault? If people deviate from guidance to stop posting racist memes or whatever but continue to do so, how is that the moderators' fault? You mentioned the stolen valor thread and how you thought it was stupid or whatever. Were you compelled by the moderators to click through that thread? What prevents you from creating threads you want to create, or sparking discussion you want to talk about? Is your failure to do that on the moderators as well? That's why your posts were incoherent.

Those are all valid points. I suppose the deviation from guidance is what gets me...and I just discovered that I am likely programmed to look for it. It's difficult to avoid staring at a thread that climbs 10 pages in a day...also on me. I need to board better. Thanks.
sorry about the ass-carrot.

RPB's self policing thoughts were spot on imo.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:59 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Tell me this: if two or more posters engage in the most awful and tedious back and forth arguments for 45 pages with no end in sight, how is that the moderators' fault? If people deviate from guidance to stop posting racist memes or whatever but continue to do so, how is that the moderators' fault? You mentioned the stolen valor thread and how you thought it was stupid or whatever. Were you compelled by the moderators to click through that thread? What prevents you from creating threads you want to create, or sparking discussion you want to talk about? Is your failure to do that on the moderators as well? That's why your posts were incoherent.

Those are all valid points. I suppose the deviation from guidance is what gets me...and I just discovered that I am likely programmed to look for it. It's difficult to avoid staring at a thread that climbs 10 pages in a day...also on me. I need to board better. Thanks.

The self policing doesn’t work when every day the majority wants to call the so called opposition racist nazis for political thoughts. Even funnier when depending on the day 2 of the 3 own the place.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
pittmike wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

2016 happened Bryan. No one can honestly deny the mob mentality around here after the last election. Then sides were drawn and people let it all out at each other. It’s been a pretty strange era but I think it has to do with that.

There's always been a mob mentality on the board.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:12 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

There's always been a mob mentality on the board.

Yet somehow, someway this is never quite provided as a rationale for people posting less on here.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Well in the past, people got past it.

Everyone was new at some point and it took a while to find a niche.

The ones who didn't like it, or couldn't handle it, were quickly gone.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:13 pm 
pittmike wrote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

The self policing doesn’t work when every day the majority wants to call the so called opposition racist nazis for political thoughts. Even funnier when depending on the day 2 of the 3 own the place.

Mike is becoming self aware. This could be a turning point.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:14 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I don't think so. We talked about that a little the other day. I would say that it's really just the opposite. Anything that is less than politically correct will get a person shamed or "called out".

Were saying Merry Christmas out in the open! Trump beat the PC culture. FAKE JORR DOES NOT REPORT!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Well in the past, people got past it.

Everyone was new at some point and it took a while to find a niche.

The ones who didn't like it, or couldn't handle it, were quickly gone.

That was more just men busting balls. The couple ladies we had could more than hold their own. This place was like a construction site or a garage. Men acting like children. Like you says, some could take it, some couldn’t.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
2016 was the year everything shit the bed ehh? What else happened in 2016 and why hasn't good dolphin jumped on that yet? :D

I can understand why this place is difficult to run. I hope whoever is running it finds a happy median for themselves to make it work. The biggest challenge isn't the management. Royko wrote a great column after Lyndon Johnson announced he wouldn't run for office. The point being it wasn't that Lyndon was wrong for the country. More so the people in the country weren't acting their best and it was impacting the country. We'll, Nixon was next in line and we're still here. We can act a little better and we should be fine.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: The Invisible Slice
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
As Nas points out, this isn't a moneymaker. It's a labor of love.

Let's see if we can change that up. Love doesn't create wealth, Road. Ain't no time on Earth for that hugs and kisses bullshit. The solution here is easy: the market is hot for both bigotry that masquerades as edgy free speech as well as insufferable SJW politics. Monetize both and sit back and watch it all, CNN style.

I have neither the time, or the inclination, to explain myself to a man who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very economic growth that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yep. I can barely figure out how to turn on a computer.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I've said it once, and I'll say it again: never fuck with vegan.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:04 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nas needed to go, he abused his power.. I always liked the guy til a few months ago.. Seacrest has always been a religious turd. Jorr is a mans-man man though..he needs carte blanche

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next