It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 693 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jon Gruden Cancelled
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:10 am 

Nas wrote:
I get that there is generally a gradual shift to the right for most people as we get older. It doesn't usually happen overnight. There was a certain type of person who was greatly impacted by Trumpetism. That can't be denied. I'm confident that you've seen it in your family and friendships.
The shift was happening during the Obama years but it wasn't really noticeable because there wasn't a lot to complain about with Obama. Hillary vs. Trump forced you to choose a side and many went with Trump.

There was a great impact by Trump though. My big question is how we have so many people here who loved Bernie, switched to at least preferring Trump, but haven't continued that support with AOC. There isn't a major policy difference between Bernie and AOC.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:16 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
I get that there is generally a gradual shift to the right for most people as we get older. It doesn't usually happen overnight. There was a certain type of person who was greatly impacted by Trumpetism. That can't be denied. I'm confident that you've seen it in your family and friendships.
The shift was happening during the Obama years but it wasn't really noticeable because there wasn't a lot to complain about with Obama. Hillary vs. Trump forced you to choose a side and many went with Trump.

There was a great impact by Trump though. My big question is how we have so many people here who loved Bernie, switched to at least preferring Trump, but haven't continued that support with AOC. There isn't a major policy difference between Bernie and AOC.

A lot of people hate women. Hating women is a great predictor for identifying a Trumpet.

I honestly don't believe that any of them truly supported Bernie. They just saw him as the easier person to defeat in the general election. His defeat also provided them with another wedge issue to use to create chaos. As you may have noticed, their talking points are fluid and they don't currently support any of Bernie's policies that President Biden has pushed.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:19 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Brick wrote:
there wasn't a lot to complain about with Obama.

That's quite a narrative.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:

A lot of people hate women. Hating women is a great predictor for identifying a Trumpet.

I honestly don't believe that any of them truly supported Bernie. They just saw him as the easier person to defeat in the general election. His defeat also provided them with another wedge issue to use to create chaos. As you may have noticed, their talking points are fluid and they don't currently support any of Bernie's policies that President Biden has pushed.

Nas has the ability to read people's minds. People who disagree with him politically are just women hating liars.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:

Long time guy hates women and he's not a trumpet.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
I know I'm going out on a limb here, but from an economic standpoint I'd say there is very little difference between mainstream Rs and Ds.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Did this thread turn into a political thread?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:30 am 

blackhawksfan wrote:
Did this thread turn into a political thread?

No

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:34 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

You seem to be the type who complains about any politician. Didn't like Biden, McCain, Obama, Trump, Romney(most likely), Bush, Kerry, Gore, Hillary, Bill.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:39 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

You seem to be the type who complains about any politician. Didn't like Biden, McCain, Obama, Trump, Romney(most likely), Bush, Kerry, Gore, Hillary, Bill.

You can find plenty to complain about with most politicians. Just because the media was reluctant to cover Obama's egregious infringements on civil liberties and his continuation of Bush II's warmongering policies doesn't mean they didn't occur.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:41 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

You can find plenty to complain about with most politicians. Just because the media was reluctant to cover Obama's egregious infringements on civil liberties and his continuation of Bush II's warmongering policies doesn't mean they didn't occur.

There is more to blame Obama for than just that.

This one is even better: https://youtu.be/KAUZlrdFMXY

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:44 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

So your problem with Obama was the media treatment he got?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:50 am 

Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

So your problem with Obama was the media treatment he got?

Outside of Fox News, the mainstream media has been simping for Obama for the past 15 years.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Brick wrote:
My big question is how we have so many people here who loved Bernie, switched to at least preferring Trump, but haven't continued that support with AOC.

bernie became more relevant during the great financial crisis. he had spoken out against american corporations moving to ireland or having a p.o. box in the cayman islands to avoid american taxation, the weakening of unions, the repeal of glass-steagall and income inequality for years. all that was very relevant and those points really hit home with many americans in 2008-2009.

the 'switch' occurred because his social platforms were bat-shit crazy - or, nearly the democratic party 'norm', today. amnesty and welfare for illegals, open borders, free tertiary education and dare i say, culture war(s).

i do give kudos to bernie for exposing hillary as a bought-off, establishment politician: in relation to the TPP. i do believe that helped trump.

AOC is nothing. no statesman(person), no diplomat. she was voted in by tribalistic voters who want chain-migration, amnesty and free stuff. no secret there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:03 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Brick wrote:
My big question is how we have so many people here who loved Bernie, switched to at least preferring Trump, but haven't continued that support with AOC.

bernie became more relevant during the great financial crisis. he had spoken out against american corporations moving to ireland or having a p.o. box in the cayman islands to avoid american taxation, the weakening of unions, the repeal of glass-steagall and income inequality for years. all that was very relevant and those points really hit home with many americans in 2008-2009.

the 'switch' occurred because his social platforms were bat-shit crazy - or, nearly the democratic party 'norm', today. amnesty and welfare for illegals, open borders, free tertiary education and dare i say, culture war(s).

i do give kudos to bernie for exposing hillary as a bought-off, establishment politician: in relation to the TPP. i do believe that helped trump.

AOC is nothing. no statesman(person), no diplomat. she was voted in by tribalistic voters who want chain-migration, amnesty and free stuff. no secret there.

"I support Bernie but I don't like a lot of the ideas of liberals". Makes sense.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
you just answered your big question.

i supported most of trump's economic policies, but i did not like his presidential demeanor. makes sense.

you need to ask why more americans don't like aoc?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
All research on the subject finds that the idea people become conservative voters over time is a myth.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:19 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
All research on the subject finds that the idea people become conservative voters over time is a myth.

I said they go from Democrat to Republican. What you are citing is a different discussion. It's as much about how the parties change as it is the people voting.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:30 pm 

Brick wrote:

I said they go from Democrat to Republican. What you are citing is a different discussion. It's as much about how the parties change as it is the people voting.

I’ve not seen any evidence that supports the idea that people change parties with age. People tend to stick with political affiliations or not vote, unless they want to be party to a Lincoln Project type grift.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I thought the old saying was if you are young and conservative you don't have a heart, if you are old and liberal you don't have a brain?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:36 pm 

Brick wrote:

I’ve not seen any evidence that supports the idea that people change parties with age. People tend to stick with political affiliations or not vote, unless they want to be party to a Lincoln Project type grift.

Well the Republican Party is going to be extinct pretty soon then.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:37 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
I thought the old saying was if you are young and conservative you don't have a heart, if you are old and liberal you don't have a brain?

A Churchill saying or at least one he popularized. He did switch parties.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Sbarro
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

Tell us what it’s like to be a fanatical devotee of one man JORR. Help us understand.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Sbarro
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

What were those infringements JORR?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:47 pm 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

Republicans will be fine. Young people aren’t a monolith and we have the benefit of the brilliant electoral college / construction of the Senate.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

Republicans will be fine. Young people aren’t a monolith and we have the benefit of the brilliant electoral college / construction of the Senate.

The Tea Party tried hijacking the Republican party. Not dead yet, but it does appeared they've failed. It looked in 2016 like the GOP Civil War was going to get bad, but after Trump got elected....that seemed to settle. I know MANY disagreed, but I think Trump caved to the GOP more than the GOP caved to Trump.

Current state, the Democratic party Civil War seems to be a bigger rift than the GOP, but I'm sure they'll stand just fine. Plenty of Insurance and Financial Sector money to hold off the Squad.

If the GOP was going to be extinct.....it would have happened already.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:53 pm 

Brick wrote:

not if they continue to protect the spirit of the constitution. the dems try to use technicalities, or lack thereof, as a weapon. republicans use the spirit of the document to promote freedom. theres a big difference. and lately, a lot of democrats are pissed off at their party.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
He never leaned right. He was penpals with Chomsky when he was in college for God's sake. At some point you're going to need to reckon with the fact that "the Left" is no longer left-wing at all and in fact has become completely fascist and authoritarian rather than reflexively endorsing the so-called Left.

He was absolutely full-on MAGA by the end, and no matter how impure you think the left is now, you can't spin that devotion to Donald Trump as The Real Leftism.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I liked leash. I miss him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:44 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
He never leaned right. He was penpals with Chomsky when he was in college for God's sake. At some point you're going to need to reckon with the fact that "the Left" is no longer left-wing at all and in fact has become completely fascist and authoritarian rather than reflexively endorsing the so-called Left.

He was absolutely full-on MAGA by the end, and no matter how impure you think the left is now, you can't spin that devotion to Donald Trump as The Real Leftism.

The alternative was Joe Biden. This wasn't some referendum on social programs.

The Missing Link wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 693 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 24  Next