It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:29 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Fine something on the registry for like $30 and send it. Sleep well knowing you did the right thing.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:50 am 

Why ever in the hell that bastard Biden didn't fire the asshole postmaster that trump installed to wreck the post office is completely lost on me. It's bad enough that I have a major client in North Carolina(who refuses to do direct deposit) that's occasionally a slow payer, but couple that with crap mail service and it's a massive pain in the ass.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
DAC wrote:
My cousin's kid just invited me to her wedding. I am not close with this cousin and see her maybe once a year. She's roughly 10 years older than me so we were always at different stages of life as we were growing up and never really interacted. This girl getting married- I don't think I've ever had a conversation with her and doubt I would recognize her in a crowd. This wedding is a formal, destination wedding on the East coast. The invite kinda feels like a money grab to me since no one expects us to attend. Hell, my wife got invited to the shower which is also on the East coast. We're RSVPing no to both of these. I don't want to send gifts but my wife probably will.

Maybe but if you have other cousins and she is close with them she can't invite all or most of the other cousins and not you. Wedding invites are tough like that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:30 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
we were restocking at the office

I asked for english breakfast tea PODS. I was very emphatic that I preferred the pods.

the person ordering purchased bags...240 of them.

so now I'm stuck with close to a year's supply of something that I didn't want. I really hope someone else takes up a serious tea habit and we can get through this thing quickly. If I bitch too much I'll look like Mommy Dearest complaining about wire hangers but I'm vexed.

How about stop being a homo and drink some coffee?

How can I stop being how I was born

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:31 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Darkside wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I asked for english breakfast tea PODS. I was very emphatic that I preferred the pods.

so now I'm stuck with close to a year's supply of something that I didn't want. I really hope someone else takes up a serious tea habit and we can get through this thing quickly. If I bitch too much I'll look like Mommy Dearest complaining about wire hangers but I'm vexed.

Maybe the bags should just go missing in a few weeks.

that would go against my peculiarities further up the hierarchy

I thought Dolphin was the HMFIC of that place, start throwing your weight around. Don't tolerate such things.
Dolphin has lost his pimp hand at home and at the office, what the hell!!!!

the purchaser is a partner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Spaulding wrote:
DAC wrote:
My cousin's kid just invited me to her wedding. I am not close with this cousin and see her maybe once a year. She's roughly 10 years older than me so we were always at different stages of life as we were growing up and never really interacted. This girl getting married- I don't think I've ever had a conversation with her and doubt I would recognize her in a crowd. This wedding is a formal, destination wedding on the East coast. The invite kinda feels like a money grab to me since no one expects us to attend. Hell, my wife got invited to the shower which is also on the East coast. We're RSVPing no to both of these. I don't want to send gifts but my wife probably will.

Maybe but if you have other cousins and she is close with them she can't invite all or most of the other cousins and not you. Wedding invites are tough like that.

We weren't invited to this cousin's oldest daughter's wedding last summer. I'm not complaining since this was also some destination wedding with all these rented cabins in Pennsylvania someplace. So it's not like the precedent hadn't already been set.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
Regular Reader wrote:
Why ever in the hell that bastard Biden didn't fire the asshole postmaster that trump installed to wreck the post office is completely lost on me. It's bad enough that I have a major client in North Carolina(who refuses to do direct deposit) that's occasionally a slow payer, but couple that with crap mail service and it's a massive pain in the ass.

Did. Not. Happen.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Then that's weird.

I'm not a huge fan of destination weddings. We usually don't go which I guess is what they want sometimes and it feels kind of shitty.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
DAC wrote:

I had 7 uncles and 3 aunts, 24 cousins. I don't want to hear your sob story. As an aside, one uncle was a navy pilot who knew Alan Shepard. Said he was completely insane.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Nardi wrote:
DAC wrote:

I had 7 uncles and 3 aunts, 24 cousins. I don't want to hear your sob story. As an aside, one uncle was a navy pilot who knew Alan Shepard. Said he was completely insane.

What did he think of Camp Grenada?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:25 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Nardi wrote:
DAC wrote:

I don't get it. Does this have to do with cum, the balcks, or being totally fucked?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

All of the above

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:14 pm 

Nardi wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Nardi wrote:
DAC wrote:

I don't get it. Does this have to do with cum, the balcks, or being totally fucked?

i think he thought you meant allan sherman...other than that, no clue.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Nardi wrote:
DAC wrote:

Fuck you too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
DAC wrote:

My wife gets invitations to weddings all the time from people who live nowhere near us. (I guess I'm defacto invited to these but I declared long ago I no longer go to weddings until my kids start getting married). Her family is a farm family where everyone stayed very close so she knows her 2nd cousins and their kids, and blah blah blah (her father is the youngest sibling).

We just say no and don't send anything.

Luckily everyone is reasonable. but I will say, some of these nieces that are a little older than my girls and in college or just out of college now seem like the type to be a bit upset if we don't come.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:15 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Long story short I developed a cyst on the back on my neck and last week it really blew up so I went to the doctor. Put me on antibiotics with the hope that the swelling would go down so he could surgically remove it. Fast forward to last night and the thing burst open when I was sleeping and made a huge mess. Really painful. I already had an appt scheduled for 3pm today but going to call this morning and find out if I should be seen sooner. Not sure if any of you have had to deal with this before. I have not, but will admit it is pretty damn painful and uncomfortable. It was about the size of a golf ball before I went to bed last night, so you can imagine that under your skin being pretty awful. :|

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:25 am 

i'm a year late to put this in the RIP section. that would be disingenuous because i lost contact with this rocker years back when he moved from IL to TX. it really broke my heart when i thought of him, a goofy song he wrote, and went to his FB page to find tributes and condolences shrouding his wall.

tim "mad dog" madden was someone i met in 2009 at gallery cabaret at an open mic. he was literally larger than life, towering over most of the people in the bar. he was well over 6 and a half feet tall. always had a fun sense of humor, and we played shows together for the next couple years.

in fact, DS and possibly FC may remember him. DS once told me, "he's great at the guitar but his lyrics are really out there."

i reached out to his brother, and saw his memorial page and put the pieces together that he took his own life. he was months away from turning 36.

i had a lot of mixed feelings reading, listening, all that. i was given access to his whole catalog from 2009-2019. it's very bittersweet to revisit.

so, this is in the complain thread because it's too late. and i wish it weren't. i don't blame myself, i can't do anything like that. but i have a heavy heart for this old friend of mine.

there's a concert that's going to take place on 9/10 in his honor, at martyrs. i had no idea, but apparently he used to play guitar for tributosaurus, who will be at that show. it'll be surreal to see matt spiegel playing songs for him.

rest in peace, tim. the maddest of mad dogs.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:06 am 

good dolphin wrote:

It's tea. Just use the Keurig to make hot water into a cup with the tea bag in it. It's all the same.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:14 am 

W_Z wrote:
i'm a year late to put this in the RIP section. that would be disingenuous because i lost contact with this rocker years back when he moved from IL to TX. it really broke my heart when i thought of him, a goofy song he wrote, and went to his FB page to find tributes and condolences shrouding his wall.

tim "mad dog" madden was someone i met in 2009 at gallery cabaret at an open mic. he was literally larger than life, towering over most of the people in the bar. he was well over 6 and a half feet tall. always had a fun sense of humor, and we played shows together for the next couple years.

in fact, DS and possibly FC may remember him. DS once told me, "he's great at the guitar but his lyrics are really out there."

i reached out to his brother, and saw his memorial page and put the pieces together that he took his own life. he was months away from turning 36.

i had a lot of mixed feelings reading, listening, all that. i was given access to his whole catalog from 2009-2019. it's very bittersweet to revisit.

so, this is in the complain thread because it's too late. and i wish it weren't. i don't blame myself, i can't do anything like that. but i have a heavy heart for this old friend of mine.

there's a concert that's going to take place on 9/10 in his honor, at martyrs. i had no idea, but apparently he used to play guitar for tributosaurus, who will be at that show. it'll be surreal to see matt spiegel playing songs for him.

Really really sorry to hear that Zack. You always wonder why, but there's never a comforting answer. And all you can do is reach out to friends and family realizing that it could happen to someone close.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:55 am 
100000 CLUB

I vaguely remember him. I remember thinking his songwriting was pretty unique, but not my cup of tea. He definitely appreciated the amateur music scene. That opening Acoustic set that I played way back at the Gallery show he/you organized is one of my favorite solo sets I have ever done. That was a good night.

RIP mad dog

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I remember Mad Dog. I remember this show. I think frank did a solo deal, doug and Passive Aggreesor did an acoustic set... Mad Dog was the headliner. I do remember thinking his stuff was kinda out there.
I'm sorry, Z. This has to be difficult. I can't imagine what brings someone to that place where that's your only option.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:42 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
W_Z wrote:

That's awful. "Tell Me That Baby's Name" and "Too Tall to Rock and Rall" are great.

https://maddogmadden.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:07 am 

Totally. It’s a little painful to listen to “Happy Pills” for obvious reasons now but it was always one of my favorites from him. “Flight of the Navigator”, “That Girl is Just Fine”, etc. he also did this really wacky spoken word (through a female text-to-talk app that sounded like GLADOS) that is bittersweet.

Thanks for the support, guys. I’m glad frank and DS remember those times. They were definitely a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:23 pm 

No matter how hard I've wished, I haven't been able to get back out to the fields to help kids work, play and get to college and beyond.

Watching one of the last playing in the college world series was joyful and depressing knowing that there are some I couldn't help.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
My wife made some joke about Irish citizenship Friday so I googled my grandmother's name and I found some Facebook post with my dad's obituary saying he died in 2018, which was the first I heard of it. He was at the Veteran's home in Quincy and I hadn't talked to him in maybe 20 years. Yes it wasn't a great relationship, but wasn't irreconcilable. Wrote to him a few times after my daughter was born, but not recently, obviously. My daughter kept asking if we could go see him and I was looking at taking the Amtrak to Quincy this summer. Emailed his brother in Colorado (who hasn't talked to him from farther back than I did, kind of a weird family) who I only have contact with because I saw him on LinkedIn, but haven't heard back. I figured if no one contacted me, some hopefully someone contacted him, but I don't know the system. Hopefully that's not how his brother found out. The last Legionnaire's thing there was early 2018, but he passed away in November of that year. Just weird.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:08 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
KDdidit wrote:
My wife made some joke about Irish citizenship Friday so I googled my grandmother's name and I found some Facebook post with my dad's obituary saying he died in 2018, which was the first I heard of it. He was at the Veteran's home in Quincy and I hadn't talked to him in maybe 20 years. Yes it wasn't a great relationship, but wasn't irreconcilable. Wrote to him a few times after my daughter was born, but not recently, obviously. My daughter kept asking if we could go see him and I was looking at taking the Amtrak to Quincy this summer. Emailed his brother in Colorado (who hasn't talked to him from farther back than I did, kind of a weird family) who I only have contact with because I saw him on LinkedIn, but haven't heard back. I figured if no one contacted me, some hopefully someone contacted him, but I don't know the system. Hopefully that's not how his brother found out. The last Legionnaire's thing there was early 2018, but he passed away in November of that year. Just weird.

I'm very sorry for your loss KD.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:05 am 
100000 CLUB

No you're not.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:21 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
W_Z wrote:
Totally. It’s a little painful to listen to “Happy Pills” for obvious reasons now but it was always one of my favorites from him. “Flight of the Navigator”, “That Girl is Just Fine”, etc. he also did this really wacky spoken word (through a female text-to-talk app that sounded like GLADOS) that is bittersweet.

Thanks for the support, guys. I’m glad frank and DS remember those times. They were definitely a lot of fun.

Sorry to hear W_Z. Always tough when someone decides to leave us too early. The fact that you are able to post about it and have positive memories says a lot about your friend. Anyone who is talented enough to get on stage and do their thing, even if a little quirky, is a great thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:13 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
No you're not.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:23 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Neighbor made it out of foreclosure. Sued for nonpayment by his FC, and wife's dui lawyers. But, every 4th spends thousands on fireworks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174 ... 190  Next