It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: John's
In 2021, the Bears pass defense gave up 191.6 yards per game...3rd best in the NFL

This defense simply doesn't work without a dominant 3 technique. For those of you wanting a WR in the 2023 draft to help Fields, or possibly a Fields replacement, I have bad news for you, because if Jalen Carter is on the board, the Bears will have that draft card with his name on it up their in about 5 seconds.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:37 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Guess who Anthony Herron is blaming for fan dissatisfaction with Fields?

:lol: :lol: Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky :lol: :lol:

He says that fans are overreacting to Fields' struggles because they have been left with QB fatigue due to (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's failure. :lol:

Sorry, "Big Ant," but fans are fed up with Fields because he has been historically bad and has seemingly regressed since his rookie season.

You cannot succeed in the NFL if you cannot throw inside slants. You cannot succeed in the NFL if you cannot throw screen or swing passes. You cannot succeed in the NFL if you cannot move up in the pocket. You cannot succeed in the NFL if you cannot feel the pass rush. You cannot succeed in the NFL if you cannot spot receivers breaking open all over the field. You cannot succeed in the NFL if you spend your offseason practicing bombs to Mooney when you struggle to complete passes traveling less than 10 yards in the air. You cannot succeed in the NFL if you freeze every time you are blitzed. You cannot succeed in the NFL if you have no instincts for the game.

Big Ant is a fucking joke.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:52 pm 

I am going with #17. Fumble and flag on a TD. I'm sure it was Fields though.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Tall Midget wrote:

He says that fans are overreacting to Fields' struggles because they have been left with QB fatigue due to (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's failure. :lol:

Sorry, "Big Ant," but fans are fed up with Fields because he has been historically bad and has seemingly regressed since his rookie season.

You cannot succeed in the NFL if you cannot throw inside slants. You cannot succeed in the NFL if you cannot throw screen or swing passes. You cannot succeed in the NFL if you cannot move up in the pocket. You cannot succeed in the NFL if you cannot feel the pass rush. You cannot succeed in the NFL if you cannot spot receivers breaking open all over the field. You cannot succeed in the NFL if you spend your offseason practicing bombs to Mooney when you struggle to complete passes traveling less than 10 yards in the air. You cannot succeed in the NFL if you freeze every time you are blitzed. You cannot succeed in the NFL if you have no instincts for the game.

I guess that I watched a different quarterback for the Bear's team than you did because everything that you just criticized Fileds for was what I saw happening in this game. Saying that Fields has "no instincts for the game" is ridiculous. I watched a quarterback improving on every aspect of the game and a team which rallied to pretty much deserve a win today. Good enough for me.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:22 am 
1000 CLUB

The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I guess that I watched a different quarterback for the Bear's team than you did because everything that you just criticized Fileds for was what I saw happening in this game. Saying that Fields has "no instincts for the game" is ridiculous. I watched a quarterback improving on every aspect of the game and a team which rallied to pretty much deserve a win today. Good enough for me.

You are responding to a post that was written prior to the Minnesota game.

Fields showed some progress today.

Now let's see if this game was a genuine turning point or an anomaly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:12 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Its almost like we didnt watch the bad quarterback prior to this bad quarterback have an occasional decent game over 3 years and still be a bad quarterback .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:38 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
badrogue17 wrote:
Its almost like we didnt watch the bad quarterback prior to this bad quarterback have an occasional decent game over 3 years and still be a bad quarterback .

Most gave the other guy around two years. Some seem inclined to give him two centuries. You've given Fields two quarters.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:45 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Most gave the other guy around two years. Some seem inclined to give him two centuries. You've given Fields two quarters.

It’s funny because the people that think he’s going to be great are the ones basing it on about 2 quarters of football and not the other 40 where he’s sucked.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:49 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

It’s funny because the people that think he’s going to be great are the ones basing it on about 2 quarters of football and not the other 40 where he’s sucked.

I personally don't have an opinion...yet. Leaning slightly on the negative side. I acknowledge others are treating this guy like he's Neo from the Matrix. Dan Parkins most annoyingly so.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:57 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

I personally don't have an opinion...yet. Leaning slightly on the negative side. I acknowledge others are treating this guy like he's Neo from the Matrix. Dan Parkins most annoyingly so.

I don’t know if it’s just a Chicago thing or if fan bases and media in other cities do the same, but the excuses that we hear for Fields are the exact same ones we heard all during the Cutler era and all during the Mitch era instead of admitting that maybe they’re just not good.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:33 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
badrogue17 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

I don’t know if it’s just a Chicago thing or if fan bases and media in other cities do the same, but the excuses that we hear for Fields are the exact same ones we heard all during the Cutler era and all during the Mitch era instead of admitting that maybe they’re just not good.

If the bear faithful are excited about fields 208 yards and 1 Td game, I can only imagine if he'd had Mitch's Tampa game with 354 yards and 6 tds. The bar is set pretty low.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:41 am 

Cutler was probably the city's best QB. Low bar, I know.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:06 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

I looked up his stats . Career also ran Kirk Cousins dwarfs him .

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:16 am 
1000 CLUB

Fields slightly outperformed Bailey Zappe yesterday. Let us rejoice!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:32 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was really good in year 2. If he played like that every year he'd be the best Bears QB of all time.

I am enjoying the "Justin Fields is Josh Allen" argument that people are making now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:39 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
veganfan21 wrote:

Even worse for you, it is Mitchell (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:43 am 

Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Let's hear your case. I don't see how it could be (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky since he was run out of town after three years of starting.

2013 CSFMB ROY

Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was really good in year 2. If he played like that every year he'd be the best Bears QB of all time.

I am enjoying the "Justin Fields is Josh Allen" argument that people are making now.

I'm also annoyed with people benchmarking Fields against Allen.

2013 CSFMB ROY

100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:

We aren't looking at the stats. We just want to see fundamental improvement. We saw that yesterday. Hopefully, it will continue on Thursday.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:47 am 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Let's hear your case. I don't see how it could be (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky since he was run out of town after three years of starting.

He was run out of town because he wasn't close to Mahomes or Masseuse. Pretty much whatever metric you want to use, he's better than Cutler was in Chicago. By now, I would have thought a guy like you would have peaked at the actual statistics.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:48 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

We aren't looking at the stats. We just want to see fundamental improvement. We saw that yesterday. Hopefully, it will continue on Thursday.

Who's "we"?

When you've hit bottom, the only way to go is up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:50 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Who's "we"?

Bears fans. All we have is hope and faith. The occasional playoff season refills our cups.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:53 am 

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Who's "we"?

Bears fans. All we have is hope and faith. The occasional playoff season refills our cups.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:54 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

He was run out of town because he wasn't close to Mahomes or Masseuse. Pretty much whatever metric you want to use, he's better than Cutler was in Chicago. By now, I would have thought a guy like you would have peaked at the actual statistics.

This is a fascinating discussion. I'm hoping you'll follow it up with a debate about the merits of poison ivy relative to poison oak.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:55 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

This is a fascinating discussion. I'm hoping you'll follow it up with a debate about the merits of poison ivy relative to poison oak.

:cry: :lol: :cry: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:01 am 

Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I have taken a look, my friend. They won't be too kind to your position. Your contention about why he was run out of town is also quite flimsy and anti-data. Mahomes had nothing to do with it - he was run out of town for the same reason Tomlin benched him last week: he is too limited as a QB to be the guy. He is, as I've maintained, a quality backup. You would be very well-placed if he was your QB2.

The Ringer has Mitch as the 4th best QB in Bears history, just ahead of Kramer but behind Cutler, Harbaugh, and McMahon. This makes sense and the stats bear it out.

Quote:
4. Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky
Bears TD points: 43 (64, 3rd)
Bears wins points: 29
Career AV points: 30 (so far)
Bonus points: 10 (5 for his Pro Bowl, double for doing it on the Bears)
Total: 112
(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky’s Bears career will be remembered as a failure. Chicago had the second pick in the 2017 draft and famously took (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky over Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson, even though (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky seemed like the worst prospect of the three and certainly became the worst NFL player of the three. Over four seasons in Chicago, he never cracked the top 10 in any positive passing category, and led an offense that ranked among the bottom five in points scored twice. His greatest career achievement was probably being named “NVP” of last season’s wild-card loss to the Saints after Nickelodeon’s online fan vote was hijacked by people who thought it’d be funny to give the losing QB a slime bath. (Unfortunately, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky did not receive a slime bath.)

And yet, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is easily one of the most prolific passers in Bears history. He is fifth all time in QB wins (29) and touchdown passes (64); he has the highest passer rating (87.2) of anybody to start more than 10 games for the franchise. He is the only Bears quarterback to make a Pro Bowl in the past 30 years. And he would’ve won a playoff game if not for the Double Doink.

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is so supremely frustrating for Bears fans not only because he represents a wasted opportunity for the franchise, but also because he was better than almost everyone else who has quarterbacked for Chicago over the past three decades. If only he had learned to throw left.

1. Jay Cutler
Bears TD points: 45 (154, 1st)
Bears wins points: 51
Career AV points: 44
Bonus points: 20 (5 for his Pro Bowl, 5 each for his Bears franchise records in passing yards, touchdowns, and wins)
Total: 160
It had to be Jay, didn’t it? Cutler was the embodiment of an average quarterback during his tenure in Chicago, with an occasional tendency to lead the NFL in interceptions. The Bears went exactly 51-51 in his 102 starts—52-52 including the playoffs. His career peaked before he even got to the team, as his lone Pro Bowl appearance and lone 4,000-yard season came during his final year with the Broncos.

But on Bears Mountain, being an average QB makes you a giant. He is Chicago’s all-time leader in touchdown passes (154), passing yards (23,443), and career wins. For a franchise perpetually mired in hideous battles between has-beens, journeymen, and future busts, Cutler started in Chicago for nearly a decade.

Cutler is inarguably the greatest Bears quarterback since their last Super Bowl appearance. That says more about the Bears than it does about Cutler. This is the bar that Justin Fields has to clear. I think he can do it.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:13 am 

Why is this fucking clown still on the roster? Poles should be embarassed with himself for the weapons he gave fields. 2/3 of the Chiefs starting WR were aquired in FA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:16 am 

You think that’s a good throw ? He’s wide fucking open and the throw is over his head ? From the logic that you just used, Fields shouldn’t be a quarterback either.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:17 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
You think that’s a good throw ? He’s wide fucking open and the throw is over his head ?

He literally had both hands on it

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:33 am 

Bob exhibiting the media and fan dick riding of Fields. Its the receiver who had to leave his feet and have both arms outstretched fault for not catching the ball and not the franchise QB whose accuracy is so bad he forced the wide open receiver into that spot .

Last edited by badrogue17 on Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next