It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bears Training Camp
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Here's 4 minutes of Gervon Dexter playing slow, high, and badly. It's ok, Coach Seacrest has volunteered his time to fix all of this

Check him out getting pancaked by a backup guard at the 48 second clip.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:54 pm 

Tyrique Stevenson is going to be a beast I think. He repeatedly stands out in Gervon Dexter's "highlight" video

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Caller Bob wrote:
Here's 4 minutes of Gervon Dexter playing slow, high, and badly. It's ok, Coach Seacrest has volunteered his time to fix all of this

He sucks so bad they kept double teaming him. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:23 pm 

Vrabel had to be snickering at this lemon in street clothes on Saturday

It's a big fraternity and I'm sure if Poles put even a cursory call to Vrabel he would have given the dirty laundry on this guy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
The Hawk wrote:
There is literally a very very small chance that Fields will be "terrible". He oozes great talent and he has a natural gift namely his speed and elusiveness that will get him out of situations that normal quarterbacks and athletes were not gifted with. H, may not be a Mahomes but there is no quarterback better than Mahomes in the entire NFL. If people are expecting another Mahomes, then that is ridiculous. But he will be at least a Warren Moon or another second tier pro bowl qb.

thats good stuff there

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
You didn't provide context to anyone you condescending ignoramus. For the second time now, let me refresh your memory:
Tall Midget wrote:
"Claypool is getting into it with different defensive players every day....I am concerned about his relationship with his teammates off the field."--Herb Howard, 8/11/23, on Bernstein/Holmes
I'm not sure how much more I can dumb this down for you as this is your very own post.

You seem to think it's important that all the players get along. If you don't feel this way, then why would you make that post in the first place? Having been through the Marc Trestman building of men years, that shit is almost meaningless.

Ill leave this debate with another one of your posts:
Tall Midget wrote:
There is a difference between being competitive and being a douche.
You aren't being competitive here so surely such a brilliant and seasoned mind as yours can figure out what you are.

As I have pointed out, Claypool hasn't simply been failing to get along with teammates; he has actively been fomenting dissension among teammates. If you can't understand the difference, you are precisely the dolt I have described you as being.

More importantly, it is noteworthy that you continue to dodge my question about why you are consistently, even obsessively, commenting on a topic that is of no interest to you. Since you are evidently incapable of explaining your behavior in this regard, let me provide an explanation for you:

In typical Flapjacks fashion, you initially commented on my post only to figuratively crap on it, to demonstrate how you are "above it all" by dismissing Howard's quote without bothering to engage with it. This dismissal, of course, was fueled--again, in typical Flapjacks fashion--by your own admitted ignorance of the topic under discussion. When I pointed out the logical contradiction lying at the heart of your participation in this thread, you chose to dig in your heels, shift the rhetorical target, further contradict yourself, and continue arguing because your ego had been bruised. Your temper became further inflamed because I treated you with the same degree of condescension that characterizes many of your posts. This dynamic, it should be noted, is present in much of your behavior here, a circumstance that explains (in part) why you have long-running/ongoing feuds with so many posters here, including (but not limited to) JORR, LTG, Seacrest, Caller Bob, WFR, and now me. That's quite a broad range of posters to be at odds with, but the quantity and variety of personalities involved is suggestive of the immense personal insecurity shaping your on-screen persona. You post-stalk, berate, belittle and incessantly argue not because you have a substantive point to make in debating a broad spectrum of posters --as you revealingly conceded in our fracas--but because this board serves as an important (and perhaps the only) source of self-esteem for you. You can't stop posting because that would mean you'd have to stop propping yourself up, and your desperate, delicate ego simply won't allow that to happen. You are most assuredly a sad little man.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:31 pm 

TM on the muscle! Love it!
:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:36 pm 

"Tall Midget is getting into it with different posters every day....I am concerned about his relationship with contributors on and off this forum."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
man of few opinions wrote:
"Tall Midget is getting into it with different posters every day....I am concerned about his relationship with contributors on and off this forum."
bUt i NeVeR sEd FrIeNdShIp !!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
:cry: :cry: I'll ignore Hawg's post so I don't have to agree with him.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hawg Ass wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
The true read on a QB is if he can make plays for you in key situations. Guys like Mitch could be carried by a good defense, but he would always fall short in key situations, throw a bad pick or miss an open guy, not always lose games for you, but just not make plays to win games.

The frustrating thing with Fields is that you really do not have a full evaluation on him yet, seems odd given the fact that he has been in the league for several years, but you still do not know if he can win for you because you have not put a competitive team out on the field around him yet.

This is the make or break year for Fields in Chicago, they will have to move on QB next year because they likely will not have the amount of draft capital they will have next year again for years.

The dream scenario is of course that Fields shows he is a QB 1, then you can add pieces that to win the division and make a playoff run.

The nightmare would be if Fields is terrible, and you have to package a bunch of picks to move up and reset at QB again which means you will not be competitive for another 2-3 years.

Poles may survive scenario number two, but double Eberflus would be around after three double digit loss seasons.

There is literally a very very small chance that Fields will be "terrible". He oozes great talent and he has a natural gift namely his speed and elusiveness that will get him out of situations that normal quarterbacks and athletes were not gifted with. H, may not be a Mahomes but there is no quarterback better than Mahomes in the entire NFL. If people are expecting another Mahomes, then that is ridiculous. But he will be at least a Warren Moon or another second tier pro bowl qb.[/quote]
:shock: :o :shock: :lol:

So he'll "only" be a HOF'er. Cool.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

"Another second tier pro bowl QB" is the nicest thing The Hawk has ever said about a black man.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Frank Coztansa wrote:

The Sad Littlle Man continues to be a sad little man. You're out of your depth here. Maybe the children's section of your local public library has a debate team you could try out for? With a little luck, you might qualify as an alternate.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:50 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
The true read on a QB is if he can make plays for you in key situations. Guys like Mitch could be carried by a good defense, but he would always fall short in key situations, throw a bad pick or miss an open guy, not always lose games for you, but just not make plays to win games.

The frustrating thing with Fields is that you really do not have a full evaluation on him yet, seems odd given the fact that he has been in the league for several years, but you still do not know if he can win for you because you have not put a competitive team out on the field around him yet.

This is the make or break year for Fields in Chicago, they will have to move on QB next year because they likely will not have the amount of draft capital they will have next year again for years.

The dream scenario is of course that Fields shows he is a QB 1, then you can add pieces that to win the division and make a playoff run.

The nightmare would be if Fields is terrible, and you have to package a bunch of picks to move up and reset at QB again which means you will not be competitive for another 2-3 years.

Poles may survive scenario number two, but double Eberflus would be around after three double digit loss seasons.

There is literally a very very small chance that Fields will be "terrible". He oozes great talent and he has a natural gift namely his speed and elusiveness that will get him out of situations that normal quarterbacks and athletes were not gifted with. H, may not be a Mahomes but there is no quarterback better than Mahomes in the entire NFL. If people are expecting another Mahomes, then that is ridiculous. But he will be at least a Warren Moon or another second tier pro bowl qb.[/quote]
:shock: :o :shock: :lol:

So he'll "only" be a HOF'er. Cool.

that's a pretty solid fallback position.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:58 pm 

He may not be Mahomes but he'll be a HoF'er !!! in the same breath as calling comparisons to Mahomes ridiculous??

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:05 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

The Sad Littlle Man continues to be a sad little man. You're out of your depth here. Maybe the children's section of your local public library has a debate team you could try out for? With a little luck, you might qualify as an alternate.

This mustve been what it was like at the Colosseum watching the lions eat Christians.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Been talking about his lack of technique for a while, heard Jurko say the same thing today, but you can see the raw power and potential, still think he will be a solid player in a year or two. Really has to learn how to take on double teams, certainly was not well coached at Florida.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:39 am 
100000 CLUB

D'onta Foreman's roster spot could be in jeopardy.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bears-rookie-r ... 40823.html

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:11 am 
Site Admin

Clawmaster wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Been talking about his lack of technique for a while, heard Jurko say the same thing today, but you can see the raw power and potential, still think he will be a solid player in a year or two. Really has to learn how to take on double teams, certainly was not well coached at Florida.

Agreed.

He will fill in well this year for Billings on passing downs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:20 am 

Pickens is the better player.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:22 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:

Don't try to jump on Larry Allen III bandwagon later.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:42 am 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:

This after 1 pre-season game.

Maybe you really are an genius.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:44 am 
100000 CLUB

Maybe?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:45 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

This after 1 pre-season game.

Maybe you really are an genius.

Have you submitted your application to coach defensive line for the Chicago Bears yet?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:54 am 

And God Help our defensive backs if Dexter is rushing the passer on third downs this year. Considering he doesn't know how to play with proper pad level, or use his hands or do anything a defensive lineman needs to do to be successful.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:58 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
And God Help our defensive backs if Dexter is rushing the passer on third downs this year. Considering he doesn't know how to play with proper pad level, or use his hands or do anything a defensive lineman needs to do to be successful.

He knows how to be strong. Sometimes that's enough until you figure the rest out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:59 am 

Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He knows how to be strong. Sometimes that's enough until you figure the rest out.

It's the NFL. Everyone else is just as big and strong as him(if not more). That's why he was on roller skates Saturday. No worries though, Coach Seacrest will turn this guy into Chris Jones, easy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Pickens does flash the good three tech trait of having a bit of quickness to hit the inside shoulder of the guard or center and press the gap, but also shows the bad three tech trait of not being able to anchor and getting turned and washed down the line.

The thing I noticed about Dexter after watching stuff from him playing at Florida is his ability to gain leverage and use his arm length to get inside position and drive lineman back into the gap, his get off and hand fighting skills are raw now and that allows NFL level lineman to get inside leverage, but you cannot teach the length and power he has, so there is a ton of potential for him to be a very solid NFL defensive tackle.

He really is the prototypical type of player that Poles covets, lengthy guys with athletic ability, you can see the difference in the speed of the team on both sides of the ball from the hapless Pace/Nagy era.

You will see plenty of both guys this year because the talent level in the Bears defensive line room is at best bottom 5 in the NFL and will require heavy investments of draft capital and cap room oven the next several years to fix.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

Fields was great in 7 on 7, but Fields sucked the rest of practice against the Colts. Still can't get an accurate read of any progress he's made.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/b ... story.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 25  Next