It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Fields isn't the answer but there are teams trotting out worse this week across NFL. Which makes me think you can get something in a trade.

I think this board is way off on their estimation of his value. If they put him on the market, I think they not only get a first rounder back but additional value as well.

The entire NFC South (excepting our carolina panthers) is both in need of a qb and too good to be able to draft in the top part of the round. That's just one division.

If they decide to move on, I hope that you are right.

Think about it. The Bears gave away the Lions and Broncos games, and would be tied for a wild card spot right now if they had won those games.

I agree/ It seems to me that if the defense was healthy in the first half of the year, they would have won those two games. Fact is that right now, the Bear's are a legitimate NFL football team. They still need quite a bit to be a championship contender but a smart draft and good free agent signing puts them at the top of the division next season...WITH FIELDS AS THEIR QUARTERBACK.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:32 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Fields has something like 30 NFL starts and still can't see WIDE OPEN receivers most of the time, turns structured offenses into playground ball with frequently disastrous results, and is absolutely abysmal in obvious passing situations (such as the 4th quarter when the Bears are trailing).

He is not a quarterback, he is a disjointed collection of traits.

It would take an absolute fool to give up a first-round pick for him. Fortunately, Ryan Pace is looming in the distance, but he is sadly not the decision-maker for the Falcons.

Sure he sometimes doesn't throw to open receivers. That happens, though for different reasons, including a lack of experience. Personally I think the major problem is Getzy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:35 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
A franchise quarterback, once he has settled down after a half season/season of being in the league, makes the coaches look good and the players around him look better. The argument for getting better coaches and players to place around Fields is absolutely ridiculous. Even when he doesnt suck he is a major injury liability. They are absolutely moving on from him and are showcasing anything they can in order get the best deal. The media are the only ones in his corner for god knows what reason.

Name the quarterback in college right now who will step in right now as a "franchise quarterback" for the Bears on day one. I've seen these guys and none to me are better than fields is right now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:39 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
A franchise quarterback, once he has settled down after a half season/season of being in the league, makes the coaches look good and the players around him look better. The argument for getting better coaches and players to place around Fields is absolutely ridiculous. Even when he doesnt suck he is a major injury liability. They are absolutely moving on from him and are showcasing anything they can in order get the best deal. The media are the only ones in his corner for god knows what reason.

Name the quarterback in college right now who will step in right now as a "franchise quarterback" for the Bears on day one. I've seen these guys and none to me are better than fields is right now.

I agree, I believe with all my Heart that Fields is the guy!!
#TeamFields

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Hawg Ass wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

#TeamFields

You and The Hawk are definitely two peas in a pod. In fact, you two are so similar that I often can't tell your posts apart.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:41 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

#TeamFields

You and The Hawk are definitely two peas in a pod. In fact, you two are so similar that I often can't tell your posts apart.

Easy Midge!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
The Hawk wrote:

Would you have said that about CJ Stroud, or would Getsy have ruined him too?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:13 pm 

Justin fields is so bad that Jordan love seems better

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:20 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

Would you have said that about CJ Stroud, or would Getsy have ruined him too?

I don't know if Stroud is better than Fields or not. But also, I don't care if Stroud is better than Fields. Fields just needs to be a good starting quarterback for the Bear's be a good play-off team.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:58 pm 

Amazing to watch how many competent quarterbacks that seem to be out there and you guys are stuck with this guy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:44 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Amazing to watch how many competent quarterbacks that seem to be out there and you guys are stuck with this guy.

The Bear's are "stucK" with the best runner among the qb ranks in the NFL and a guy who is finally getting some talent around him. He also features an excellent arm and can make all of the throws.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:19 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

The Bear's are "stucK" with the best runner among the qb ranks in the NFL and a guy who is finally getting some talent around him. He also features an excellent arm and can make all of the throws.

What year of the Bears are you watching?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Hawg Ass wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

In fairness, Fields is an elite runner.

My understanding is Kmet has an elite arm, so the beloved have a right size, wrong shape thing going on.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
The Hawk wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

When is he planning on breaking them out?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:33 am 

pizza_Place: Little Caesars
man of few opinions wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

When is he planning on breaking them out?

As soon as Getsy stops calling QB turnover plays where the receivers only run 3 yard routes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:15 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

This year, of course. His problem has been bad talent around him until recently. Also, a bad offensive coordinator and play caller. Now he has a better offensive line and receivers to work with and he is getting game experience. The awfulness of Getz cannot be emphasized enough. Why haven't the Bears committed to running the ball and doing play action off of the run? Why?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
What competent quarterbacks are "out there"? The Jets are starting Mike White

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:25 pm 

The offensive line right now is a lot better than the line was at the beginning of the season. The Defensive team is a lot better than it was also. Fields is finally progressing as a quarterback and showing his talent. Who do you want to be the Beaar's starting qb next season? Name the guy and why please :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:40 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

#TeamFields

Easy Midge!!!

Nah. I'm a Bear's fan, he is clearly not.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:43 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:

How many qbs are out there and available that are better than Fields right now? Don't forget what the guys who are better are paid and how many years they have left on their career?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:39 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
The Hawk wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

How many qbs are out there and available that are better than Fields right now? Don't forget what the guys who are better are paid and how many years they have left on their career?

Jake Browning is better. 57 qbr to Fields' 45. Yeah, I know, it's all Getsy's fault.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:27 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Caller Bob wrote:
What competent quarterbacks are "out there"? The Jets are starting Mike White

Hold on - the Jets are so depleted they are starting the Dolphins backup QB? Do the Dolphins know this?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
When you watch the Niners play you see a guy with maybe fifty percent of Fields athletic ability running an offense to perfection by getting the ball into the hands of his playmakers on time, you likely will never see this with Fields because his is so fundamentally flawed in his drop that he struggles with timing throws.

The Bears offensive line is a center away from being a solid group, you have the chance to make this an elite group by drafting one of the top LT prospects and signing a veteran center. You also still need another WR, TE, and a back that can catch the ball out of the backfield, but the offense does have some elements in place, you just need a QB that can get the ball out on time with accuracy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:08 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Purdy has an idea where he's going with the ball before the snap. I saw him somewhat rattled in the Browns game, but he was still able to put the 49ers in position to win the game with 3rd and 4th string guys.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:02 am 

Nas wrote:
Purdy has an idea where he's going with the ball before the snap. I saw him somewhat rattled in the Browns game, but he was still able to put the 49ers in position to win the game with 3rd and 4th string guys.

Do you think another HC could coach up Fields to the point that he could be more efficient in the passing game, because sticking with him frees you up to pick some high-end talent in the draft, adding Harrison Jr. and a franchise LT almost QB proofs the offense.

Williams is interesting because he can make some off platform yet accurate throws, and does have the ability to throw guys open, a strong HC like Harbaugh could maybe get the best out of him, so do you go with the ability and hope he grows up under a quality HC?

Maye looks to be more of a long-term project, but it a bit bigger, seems to have more leadership traits and could be outstanding in an NFL pocket passing system, can you ride out a year of growing pains with him?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:32 am 
100000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:

Do you think another HC could coach up Fields to the point that he could be more efficient in the passing game, because sticking with him frees you up to pick some high-end talent in the draft, adding Harrison Jr. and a franchise LT almost QB proofs the offense.

Williams is interesting because he can make some off platform yet accurate throws, and does have the ability to throw guys open, a strong HC like Harbaugh could maybe get the best out of him, so do you go with the ability and hope he grows up under a quality HC?

Maye looks to be more of a long-term project, but it a bit bigger, seems to have more leadership traits and could be outstanding in an NFL pocket passing system, can you ride out a year of growing pains with him?

I think a better coach could have helped Fields develop into a better player if that coach were present in Year 1. We're approaching Year 4. I believe it's too much of a high risk gamble to stick with Fields if the Bears have the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft.

The NFL has a way of humbling a lot of quarterbacks. If you already have shitty intangibles, I don't think they improve at the NFL level. I don't think I could draft Williams #1. There's a chance he could be a bust if he goes to a team like the Patriots.

Maye has spent his college career playing with mostly mediocre to AWFUL talent. I think that's a positive heading to the next level. He's used to being uncomfortable. Plus, the Bears would have better talent than he's ever played with if they made zero improvements. I think this kid is the perfect quarterback to build with.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:53 am 

Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:

I think a better coach could have helped Fields develop into a better player if that coach were present in Year 1. We're approaching Year 4. I believe it's too much of a high risk gamble to stick with Fields if the Bears have the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft.

The NFL has a way of humbling a lot of quarterbacks. If you already have shitty intangibles, I don't think they improve at the NFL level. I don't think I could draft Williams #1. There's a chance he could be a bust if he goes to a team like the Patriots.

Maye has spent his college career playing with mostly mediocre to AWFUL talent. I think that's a positive heading to the next level. He's used to being uncomfortable. Plus, the Bears would have better talent than he's ever played with if they made zero improvements. I think this kid is the perfect quarterback to build with.

If you take Maye at #1 it would be tempting to trade the second first round pick, but only move down a few slots, depends on where you finish, if your still top 4 you could trade back to six or seven, pick up an extra pick and still maybe get the ND LT, Bowers, D lineman, or a WR.

Like the idea of giving a rook QB either a franchise LT, WR, or TE he can grow with, plus adding a stud LT and signing a vet C gives you a quality O line for the next several years. Could easily turn Whitehair and Eddie Jackson's cap room into a top FA center, and you getting by cheap with your LT, RT, and QB on rookie deals.

There seems to be a good group of WR's this year, so might be able to move back to ten and still get a solid prospect.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Even if you fix the offense and Fields levels up on his play, Fields lack of end of game cojones factor that Nas and others have noted up thread make the game not worth the candle.

Recall watching Russell Wilson Athletic Gear in his first ever NFL game; pre-season game and Wilson was QB3 behind Matty Flynn and probably some journeyman veteran. Sure it was a pre-season game and Wilson in at the end of the game facing 3rd stringers but Wilson immediately had either the dumb luck or irrational confidence or whatever IT is to lead the team down the field over and over again and engineer a comeback W. The announcers noted it, anyone watching it recognized that Wilson belonged and could handle the pressures of leading a NFL offense in late-game pressure situations. Fields doesn't or at least hasn't to date given off the vibe that he trusts himself in those situations; let alone his teammates trusting that he's the right guy in those situations.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:

If you take Maye at #1 it would be tempting to trade the second first round pick, but only move down a few slots, depends on where you finish, if your still top 4 you could trade back to six or seven, pick up an extra pick and still maybe get the ND LT, Bowers, D lineman, or a WR.

Like the idea of giving a rook QB either a franchise LT, WR, or TE he can grow with, plus adding a stud LT and signing a vet C gives you a quality O line for the next several years. Could easily turn Whitehair and Eddie Jackson's cap room into a top FA center, and you getting by cheap with your LT, RT, and QB on rookie deals.

There seems to be a good group of WR's this year, so might be able to move back to ten and still get a solid prospect.

I like Bowers if you can't get Harrison Jr. I keep hearing about Malik Nabers from LSU as another great receiving option.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Mitch vs Fields as starters would be an interesting matchup.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 146  Next