It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Got around the paywall, sorry for not staying out of White Sox business: https://archive.ph/aBmjH

Quote:
The White Sox charter an Airbus320, a plane first manufactured in the 1980s. It features only eight first-class seats; the rest is coach. A majority of MLB teams charter bigger 757s, with ample first-class seating for the players and the coaching staff. Even well-known frugal franchises such as the Tampa Bay Rays, Colorado Rockies and Miami Marlins charter nicer planes. But not the White Sox.

When a player new to Chicago first stepped onboard this season, he said loudly: “C’mon, man, no show plane?” A chorus of players burst into laughter. Last year, a tweet comparing the planes used by MLB teams caused a stir when it was shared among White Sox players while they were onboard.

A team plane doesn’t make errors or poor baseball decisions. But the White Sox’s decision to use a smaller, older plane reflects how they operate. The difference between the White Sox and other clubs is so stark, players who leave Chicago for other teams celebrate their freedom by texting each other “This is the big leagues.”
“They don’t do the little or the big things right,” said a recently departed veteran.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
I’m probably truly alone at this point as a White Sox fan who approves of Reinsdorf and the way the team is run. I actually like that the Sox have real local roots and try to zig while others zag. I liked the Tony LaRussa hire and still do. I do not think more focus on analytics does anything to change their fortunes.

What went wrong? They botched the rebuild. They didn’t get the right players and could only sustain success for one year. It was a missed execution of one of the most bold teardowns any team has attempted in living memory. A couple added things went wrong and its made for what will probably be the worst season in history. Oh well.

There are some really good arms in this organization. I’m very glad they didn’t deal Garrett Crochet, but I’m dismayed they sold Fedde so cheap. There’s a path to respectability next year and with some shrewd acquisitions it can turn around fast. They have the talent in terms of arms. It seems crazy to say about a team that is almost certain to break the loss record, but people are overreacting.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
USA wrote:
I’m probably truly alone at this point as a White Sox fan who approves of Reinsdorf and the way the team is run. I actually like that the Sox have real local roots and try to zig while others zag. I liked the Tony LaRussa hire and still do. I do not think more focus on analytics does anything to change their fortunes.

I get that. I thought it was cool that the Philadelphia Flyers ran the same run-and-gun-and-injure-people system from the early '70s until fairly recently. Same with the Raiders under Al Davis. But for better or worse, it just doesn't work that way anymore. You can't write scouting reports that are just "try to throw strikes to this guy."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:56 pm 

Another easy fix for the sleeping giant.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
USA wrote:

What went wrong? They botched the rebuild. They didn’t get the right players and could only sustain success for one year. It was a missed execution of one of the most bold teardowns any team has attempted in living memory. A couple added things went wrong and its made for what will probably be the worst season in history. Oh well.

There are some really good arms in this organization. I’m very glad they didn’t deal Garrett Crochet, but I’m dismayed they sold Fedde so cheap. There’s a path to respectability next year and with some shrewd acquisitions it can turn around fast. They have the talent in terms of arms. It seems crazy to say about a team that is almost certain to break the loss record, but people are overreacting.

Haven't you been selling the same crap story for years? If you were a broken clock, you'd find a way to avoid being right even twice a day. Give it up.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
USA wrote:

I get that. I thought it was cool that the Philadelphia Flyers ran the same run-and-gun-and-injure-people system from the early '70s until fairly recently. Same with the Raiders under Al Davis. But for better or worse, it just doesn't work that way anymore. You can't write scouting reports that are just "try to throw strikes to this guy."

The Sox would need to have a system before they could be guilty of having the wrong system. They are just a confederacy of dunces throwing shit at the wall to see what works. Every once in a while, they're right. But most of the times they're just spinning their wheels.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:05 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
They are just a confederacy of dunces throwing shit at the wall to see what works. Every once in a while, they're right. But most of the times they're just spinning their wheels.
The White Sox are just like the Politics section here.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
They are just a confederacy of dunces throwing shit at the wall to see what works. Every once in a while, they're right. But most of the times they're just spinning their wheels.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
A shitty plane is actually a great idea, then they could envoke my idea, Rule 29

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=132503

It would really be better if a Boeing though, no?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:21 pm 

Brick wrote:
Another easy fix for the sleeping giant.

nothing stops the waves on the ocean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:22 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

I’m not saying this is wrong at all, but the reason the Sox are likely going to be the worst MLB team ever is because they are profoundly untalented. If the Sox had a few good players but had a quirky, outdated style you’d be talking more about a team battling for .500 not battling against the ‘63 Mets.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:22 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
A shitty plane is actually a great idea, then they could envoke my idea, Rule 29

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=132503

It would really be better if a Boeing though, no?

Hire a couple of Pakistani pilots.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:24 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
USA wrote:

The Sox would need to have a system before they could be guilty of having the wrong system. They are just a confederacy of dunces throwing shit at the wall to see what works. Every once in a while, they're right. But most of the times they're just spinning their wheels.

the Bulls are evidence where the teams take their character. They are nearly identical organizationally. The Bulls just happen to draw a crowd. Thinking about it, Krause took the heat for what is apparently a Reinsdorf problem.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:36 pm 

USA wrote:

Yeah no need to overreact. This is not that bad. Almost 140 losses. Just a couple tweaks away from a wild card spot.... :roll:

THey did not trade Crochet yet. They will have to at some point.

A pathway to respectability next year? Thats crazy. They are not going to be very active in free agency. They will sign a couple older pitchers and hope to catch something special so then they can trade them.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:40 pm 

Brick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I was thinking more like Cum Town.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Tall Midget wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
USA wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Darkside wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Are the Sox too good? A lot of smart people are asking.

Dude they're playing out the plot to major league. Let it happen.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Shills Levine and Stone's damage control reaction from the article will be interesting listens on their next Score visits.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Remember trading Eaton for Giolito, Lopez, and Dane Dunning? At the time I think I called it a felony.

The rebuild was solid. 99% agreed. I guess the walls of the franchise are painted the color 'Destined To Fail' magenta.